Recruiting

Viewing 3 reply threads
      8 1

FtheY
      Ute Fan
      @fthey

New Crystal Ball for high 3* LB Kaeo Akana from Blair Angulo in the last few days. Currently committed to Boise State, but could be a potential flip. Don’t know anything about him, but seems to have the prototypical size. 

This is all free info btw, just posting here for those that might not swing by 247s Utezone. 

https://247sports.com/PlayerInstitution/Kaeo-Akana-at-President-Theodore-Roosevelt-250685/CurrentExpertPredictions/

MDUte
      Ute Fan
      @mdute

I wonder if our coaches have him projected as a Safety? We’re loaded at LB and currently he’s undersized as a LB but could of course bulk up.

Utesbyfive
        Ute Fan
        @utesbyfive

Apparently LB is Kyle/Scalley’s favorite position. I can’t say I disagree with them. A star linebacker can really anchor a defense. Lloyd fer instance. 😃

FtheY
        Ute Fan
        @fthey

That’s a great point. He’s got good height at 6’3″, but 205 is a little light right now to your point. I think that’s about Cole Bishops build, IIRC. 

Could it also be possible they project him as a DE after a redshirt year? 

Trailgoat
        Ute Fan
        @utahgoat

Scalley is a defensive wizard scheming with these hybrid players like Lloyd, Sewel, Bishop, Fillinger and others he moves around the field playing 2-3 types of positions. Ellis is a beast and is fast. Ute defense is going to be wicked good next year especially if they can land a couple high level DBs and maybe a LB from the portal to fill some gaps. 

Jake
      Ute Fan
      @jutahfootball

Getting Akana is big for another reason. I believe this is his cousin, biggest prospect in the state next year.
      https://247sports.com/Player/Tausili-Akana-46086671/

Onlyu
        Ute Fan
        @uf8fl

Fully expect him to sign next week. Not sure where he projects yet but likely DE. Similar to Pita T…situational rush end with great quickness.

Trailgoat
          Ute Fan
          @utahgoat

How many transfer portal players to forsee Utah landing over the next year?

Guessing depends on how many Utah players transfer out or declare for the NFL. Have to think Utes land a few big time transfer players over the next few months.

Utesbyfive
            Ute Fan
            @utesbyfive

I believe I read elsewhere that about ten players are expected into the outgoing portal.

Sanders
            Ute Fan
            @sanders

Is Covey’s friend from Stanford coming?

Onlyu
            Ute Fan
            @uf8fl

We’ll have double digit transfers out…and close to that coming in probably. Don’t expect any 1st/2nd team guys to transfer so far…We’ll lose far more production with the early entry guys than we will in the portal.

MDUte
        Ute Fan
        @mdute

Wow, great catch Jake! Tausili looks awesome! Definitely hope we get a package deal here with the Akana cousins!

Central Coast Ute
      Ute Fan
      @flip2848

He gave his prediction a high confidence rating too. Seems like he knows something.

Viewing 3 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.