Remaining Year

Viewing 3 reply threads

Utah5410
      Ute Fan
      @utah5410

Looking At The Schedule for us and opposing teams. The path is There. Utah wins out they will be in the chip. Likely ? Prob Not… But, still lots to play for. I think we do beat one of UW and AZ both teams are flawed enough that we will get one. However, I think it’s extremely unlikely that we win both. And one more loss is the death nail for us.

bb is who he is. and without jackson so shocker is never healthy we are stuck. Our only hope, is too switch Vaki to full time O. Make him with the full time back with Jackson as the backup.

If we can run then Barnes is able to do much more.

What a joke our OL has been. I remember a few years ago we were calling for Harding’s head, then CR became QB. How much of the improvement on the o-line was Rising v Harding.

To the Fire Whit Crowd. Will never happen. If Kuithe and CR did come back next years going into the Big-12 would be whits best chance to get to the playoff. Especially with it being expanded to 12. Whit is here until he wants to walk away. Which will be a few more years IMO.

2008 National Champ
      Ute Fan
      @cptmrgn05

Actually, no. The only likely way Utah gets into the CCG at this point is if they win out and are in a 3 way tie.

UW, USC and Oregon all control their own destiny. Utah, UCLA and Oregon State all need help.

The Miami Ute
        Ute Fan
        @themiamiute

I’m getting deja vu all over again. Stranger things have happened in the PAC.

22Ute22
        Ute Fan
        @utedagoat

The good thing is that Utah would probably get in via a tiebreaker since our schedule is the toughest.

2008 National Champ
          Ute Fan
          @cptmrgn05

Yes on the tie-breaker. I went through that a couple of days ago but it all comes down to who you miss for SOS. Stanford is Utah’s ace in the hole and WSU forgetting how to play football after their bye week is just frosting on the cake.

Oh, and I forgot to add Arizona to the 2 loss list that is still in the running.

As of right now, there are 23 league games left and 7 teams with 2 or less losses. That’s a heck of a lot of iterations that would need to be run to figure out if Utah has a path to the CCG. If we assume triple elimination, the UcLA / Arizona game this weekend will bring it down to 6 teams with Oregon State and Utah fighting to stay in the loser’s bracket.

Even if you assume complete chaos (where all 5 of the currently eliminated teams win out) or chalk, there are still 8 games among the top 7 teams that will decide who goes.

2008 National Champ
            Ute Fan
            @cptmrgn05

Games that matter: (this assumes that the 7 teams in contention will beat the 5 teams who are out of the running. any upsets will change the math)

11/4: UW @ USC
            11/4: UCLA @ Arizona
            11/11: Utah @ UW
            11/11: USC @ Oregon
            11/18: UW @ Oregon State
            11/18: Utah @ Arizona
            11/18: UCLA @ USC
            11/24: Oregon State @ Oregon

edited due to stupidity

The Miami Ute
              Ute Fan
              @themiamiute

Those game dates are off by a month, aren’t they?

2008 National Champ
                Ute Fan
                @cptmrgn05

son of a…!!! If I edit do you think anyone will notice that I can’t type dates? 🙂

2008 National Champ
              Ute Fan
              @cptmrgn05

One scenario that would work for Utah would be:

11/4: UW @ USC
              11/4: UCLA @ Arizona
              11/11: Utah @ UW
              11/11: USC @ Oregon
              11/18: UW @ Oregon State
              11/18: Utah @ Arizona
              11/18: UCLA @ USC
              11/24: Oregon State @ Oregon

That requires 7 of the 8 road teams winning but would put 8-1 Washington in a rematch against 7-2 Utah with no tie-breakers necessary. Another possibility is SC beating Washington with the rest the same. Utah would be top seed at 7-2, USC would be the second seed based on beating UW.

EagleMountainUte
      Ute Fan
      @battlegroundute

I think Vaki is enamored with the idea and loves to help out the team. Switching him to the offense isn’t a solution he may want though.

The Miami Ute
        Ute Fan
        @themiamiute

Eagle, love the kid, but I think he’s doing himself a disservice by focusing entirely on RB. His real future is at safety. That is, if he wants to play on Sundays. Again, my condolences on the All-Blacks’ loss yesterday. I watched the replay this morning on NBC and it could have gone either way.

EagleMountainUte
          Ute Fan
          @battlegroundute

It went South Africa’s way because of a horrible decision by a ref admitting it was a mistake live.
          I will say AB’s had a shot on that long goal later in the match so you could say it was a wash but AB’s had tough calls the entire Cup.

noneyadb
      Ute Fan
      @noneyadb

After that game? Whitt would be better off developing for next year. Let Johnson start vs ASU and then start Rose the remaining four games. Get the freshman RB’s in the game and figure out if Vaki needs to make the switch to offense.

2008 National Champ
        Ute Fan
        @cptmrgn05

Rose has already burned his redshirt last year. If you want to play him, why make his first experience against UW in a must win?

The Miami Ute
        Ute Fan
        @themiamiute

Money, I mean you could do that and that’s certainly a technique…but, as 2008 has illustrated, that would kind of mean giving up this season while there’s still a legitimate pathway to the CCG. Knowing Whitt, he’s going to fight to the last cartridge and go down swinging.

Viewing 3 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Remaining Year