Retake the homeland!

Viewing 9 reply threads

HoosierUte
      Ute Fan
      @hoosierute

rCFB link

I am not sure why I like this as much as I do. It is 100% meaningless. With the P12 down to only 3 landholders, this is our chance to take back most of Utah. 

utefansince79
      Ute Fan
      @utefansince79

As far as total land area goes, due to Alaska, we may perhaps have the largest amount of anyone.

But do like the idea of regaining our home turf this weekend.

rbmw263
        Ute Fan
        @rbmw263

if we just win out well take all that land from Oregon eventually instead of them giving it to someone else first. 

Central Coast Ute
        Ute Fan
        @flip2848

According to the article Utah owns the most land with 661 k square miles. Without Alaska they have 90.5 k.

UM4G
      Ute Fan
      @um4g

We could gain quite a bit of ground the next two weeks if:

we beat UCLA this week

Oregon somehow falls to Arizona this week

we beat Arizona next week

GameForAnyFuss
      Ute Fan
      @gameforanyfuss

Remind me how this map works?

BTW, I question the validity of any map where a .500 Breed ‘Em Young team has so much territory. We Mormons haven’t possessed so much land in the midwest since before Liburn Boggs was governor. 😉

Brettski
        Ute Fan
        @brettski

See Reddit/R/CFB

Everyone starts with their own land.  If you win you gain your opponents territory.  In theory a 1-11 team could get a huge amount of land if they win their last game against a landowner. 

BYU has land because they beat an undefeated boise state team and haven’t lost since.  My guess is SDSU ends up with all that land.

utefansince79
          Ute Fan
          @utefansince79

Would much rather take Oregon’s land in Santa Clara

Central Coast Ute
      Ute Fan
      @flip2848

You’re not alone. I like this map too.

User Suspended
      @a2ute

this is so 

Image result for gaayyyy

User Suspended
        @a2ute

Image result for gaayyyy

2 2

BulgieUte
          Ute Fan
          @bulgieute

Gay?………..because of the wide variety of colors? ….. It makes people happy?…….or did somebody sneak some butt sex into the map?…..i”m confused

1 5

EagleMountainUte
      Ute Fan
      @battlegroundute

This map makes no sense and whoever made it snorts meth. 

Utahute72
      Ute Fan
      @utahute72

Shouldn’t we have retaken the homeland after beating Washington. After all they did beat BYU.

Central Coast Ute
        Ute Fan
        @flip2848

Utah took BYU’s land in week one. Since Tennessee had lost the week prior, BYU didnt get any land from TN. BYU then beat SC and took their land along with Fresno state, and Stanfords land since USC had beat them and they were both unbeaten before SC beat them. Utah then Lost to USC and lost all of their land to USC. BYU then list to WA and lost all of their land they gained from USC to WA. since Utah had already beaten BYU, BYU didnt own their orginal 1/3 of the state so WA could not have taken it from them. USC owned those 2/3 at the time. Also, Ut St. Lost their 1/3 in week one to WF.

belli1976
      Ute Fan
      @belli1976

So we get Alaska oil checks?? $1600 doesn’t hurt

Central Coast Ute
      Ute Fan
      @flip2848

It’s not hard guys. Every team starts the season with their territory. If you lose in week one, your territory goes to the team that beat you. Vice versa if you win. If you have no land you can gain land by beating a team that owns land. If you beat a team that owns land, you get ALL of that teams land. Then if you go and lose the next week, you lose ALL of that land.

utefansince79
        Ute Fan
        @utefansince79

I follow this map each season.  Silly but fun.  I remember a year or two ago when UNLV upset Nevada (Reno) on the last day of the regular season and took some land away from them and since UNLV wasn’t bowl eligible (and didn’t have to defend their land), they were one of an small number of teams that ended up with property when the season ended.

Viewing 9 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Retake the homeland!