Rewatching the game right now. USC is up 14-0 and I’m getting giddy.

Viewing 4 reply threads

Ute Fan
      @nkirkham

Utah is about to start rolling off 35 straight points. . .

REALLY wish I was going so SoCal this weekend.  #GoUtes]

Ute Fan
      @nkirkham

You know, Covey just scored that breakaway 35 YAC touchdown.  He runs it in and drops the ball about 6 yards deep in the end zone.  Sadly, I flinch with a clear-cut sign that I still have PTSD from the Kaelin Clay drop.  If the players don’t run it out of the back of the end zone before dropping the ball, I get nervous.   

Utah
      Ute Fan
      @utah

Going over film again, here is the CRAZY part. If you take all of Utah’s bad plays from this game and showed someone (the fumble, the TO on downs, missed sack/INT for TD for USC, punt blocked, sacks given up on three man rushes, etc, that someone would say we lost by 21+. 

As good as we were, we were FAAAAARRRR from perfect. FFFFAAAAARRRRR. 

So much to work on, clean up and get better at. Which shows how amazing this team is. 

Stone
        Ute Fan
        @stone

Agreed. Utah essentially spotted USC 14 points with errors. USC’s TD pass was very very lucky break from them. QB barely evaded a big sack, then threw into double coverage with both defenders watching the ball. The USC receiver didn’t grab it from Utah’s defenders, it simply went through the hands of the defender. Need to work on catching those balls. Also, USC’s field position for that play came because of a failed 4th down attempt at midfield – probably was an unnecessary gamble by Whit at that point, I believe Utah needed 2 yards, so it was a bit much for that early in the game IMO.

I will admit that I was very dejected after that opening. I figured the game would get out of hand quickly (in USC’s favor). Very impressed with how the team responded. Imagine if Utah had cleaned up the errors leading to USC’s first 14 points, the blowout would have been so much worse. 

EagleMountainUte
        Ute Fan
        @battlegroundute

The lack of extension from Blackmon is concerning. He played that all wrong. It was Blair’s one mistake. 

W16Ute
          Ute Fan
          @w16ute

Blair lit up that receiver and got the unsportsmanlike… He should have seen that and pulled up but all in all he had a much better game. He sometimes seems afraid to hit people now after so many targeting calls.

EagleMountainUte
            Ute Fan
            @battlegroundute

That was later in SEZ wasn’t it?  I am talking about the first SC TD where Blackmon should have got and Blair should have went to secure the tackle on the WR. 

St George Ute
      Ute Fan
      @stgeorgeute

Watched the broadcast of the game today and noticed a bit of a scuffle after the game between some of the players. I didn’t see anything going on on the final kneel, so I have no clue what happened (or what was said?) to cause it.

I wonder how much last week’s game will build up the budding rivalry between the two teams.

Central Coast Ute
        Ute Fan
        @flip2848

Some SC players were butt hurt. Carr, who averaged only 1.9 yards per carry even went to Twitter to say that USC is still a better team than Utah.

TheNuschler
          Ute Fan
          @thenuschler

I’ve been watching USC for the bulk of my life (the old man went to Stanford, I went to the U) and at the end of the Pete Carroll era I started noticing a trend. If a physical team starts punching them and imposing their will, they quit fast. They have the most talent but physically they lack toughness, I’m sure that’s why Whittingham is such an attractive Helton replacement to them… good luck with that. Stanford’s done this to them several times, that “what’s your deal?” game between Harbaugh and Carroll when Hairball ran up the score. USC defenders where refusing to go into the game because Stanford was running a 3 back power formation smashing them the entire 4th quarter.

Pete – “What’s your deal?”
          Harbaugh – “What’s YOUR deal?” Translation, “you’ve been doing that to everyone for years jack hat”.

Talent doesn’t equal toughness.

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

Let me know if we win again.

Viewing 4 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Rewatching the game right now. USC is up 14-0 and I’m getting giddy.