Analysis of the current Baylor situation by their sideline reporter

Utesbyfive
      Ute Fan
      @utesbyfive

No, but their raw O-line will hurt him.

EagleMountainUte
      Ute Fan
      @battlegroundute

I am so gun shy of backup QB’s. Utah in my mind has struggled with the backup in the past. Now Baylor probably doesn’t have the level of talent as USC. I am still rather gun shy.

The Miami Ute
        Ute Fan
        @themiamiute

Matt Fink…luckily, Baylor doesn’t have a Michael Pittman.

UrbanLiar
          Ute Fan
          @urbanliar

Now WE HAVE A PITTMAN!

chinngiskhaan
            Ute Fan
            @chinngiskhaan

except ours is the kind of pittman that drops easy catches.

ProudUte
        Ute Fan
        @proudute

What bad experiences with a backup QB have we had? I know the USC experience in 2019 was unpleasant. The backup came in and simply threw it deep for USC’s talented WRs.

I remember destroying a number of backup QBs over the years, most recently last year against Oregon State and Colorado. The previous year we dominated UCLA and their backup. I think our front 7 will beat up this backup QB.

What other bad experiences have we had where a backup QB hurt us? I may be forgetting something because of PTSD.

Texasute
      Ute Fan
      @texasute

Utah has some history of backup QBs being pretty good.. Alex Smith came in for Brent Elliott after he got hurt in the Ta&m game.

6 1

AZUTE
      Ute Fan
      @azute

Pocket passer who’s not a great runner expecting Scalley to come up with multiple blitz and coverage packages to confuse him.

bopahull
        Ute Fan
        @bopahull

I don’t know much about this QB, but according to the Baylor announcer after he settled in he moved well enough to avoid the pass rush and even had a 30+ yard run. He sounds like the type of QB our defense has had trouble with in the past.

EagleMountainUte
          Ute Fan
          @battlegroundute

I believe that long run resulted in a fumble because he carries the ball like a crazy person.

22Ute22
          Ute Fan
          @utedagoat

Yeah, I saw the game highlights and it was a good scramble, but you have to keep in mind that it was at the very end of the game and the Texas State defensive line was probably very tired. He also fumbled the ball anyway

Viewing 4 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Ricky Thompson: Baylor Will Not Be Hurting at Quarterback With Sawyer Robertson