Rising and Kuithe

Viewing 9 reply threads

ProudUte
      Ute Fan
      @proudute

Do we want them to return next year? I would love to have both come back next season. It would be exciting to see them both play again. However, if I was Whitt – I would draw a line in the sand for a decision. I would give them no longer than December 1st. The portal opens up a few days later and we need to be ready to get some top players if Rising and Kuithe do not plan on returning.

Like Whitt said about the loss this last weekend, “We can’t let Oregon beat us twice…” The same goes here. This season turned out to be a mess because we didn’t know if Rising and Kuithe would play or when they would play. A lot of mistakes were made along the way. We cannot afford to sacrifice another season waiting on decisions.

I hope both make the decision to stay in the next few weeks and we start working on getting them the supporting cast so we can be a top-ten team next season. I do not blame them if they decide to move on. I just hope we can find and develop players to take their places.

Go Utes!!!

Utesbyfive
      Ute Fan
      @utesbyfive

Can they even be granted the extra eligibility by Dec 1?

Zigziggler
        Ute Fan
        @zigziggler

Since we don’t know about the return of Rising and Kuithe, and there seems to be mixed reviews from fans about whether they want one or both to return. Who are the potential transfer portal guys that are rumored or set up to transfer? I also understand that the portal is very fluid, and we will be continually looking at new guys throughout the off season.

9 1

UtesRule
      Ute Fan
      @utesrule

YES YES YES!!

Why in the world would we not want these two players back on our team next season if they are healthy and eligible?

13 4

chinngiskhaan
      Ute Fan
      @chinngiskhaan

I don’t even care anymore. This has been discussed so many times, reading the names Rising or Kuithe makes me want to gouge my eyeballs out.

I am now of the opinion that whether they stay or go, we’ll be fine. They just need to Sh*t or get off the pot as soon as possible. Until the time to do so arrives, I’m happiest simply pretending they don’t exist.

RoboUte
        Ute Fan
        @hamplate

Really? I was really looking forward to the 37th thread called “rising and kuithe”. I can’t imagine anything more healthy than bi-daily discussions on them. They come off as very stable and very secure.

On that note is anyone else concerned about the length of Cam’s conquistador chinbeard patch? It seems to me like he used to wear it at 3/16ths of an inch and it seems more like 5/16th lately. Could this be a sure sign of his return? Has his doctor discussed this and are there any rules that would prevent Cam from braiding it in the future? I’m concerned that it’s holding him back from surpassing Brady, not that he hasn’t already, I mean certainly his skill is unmatched and his loins prodigious and impressive (omg please don’t downvote me).

BoiseUTE
      Ute Fan
      @slarson150

So stop bringing it up. They are back or not. If they come great if not move on we will be fine. Next year we need to use the portal better with or without them.

RedUte14
        Ute Fan
        @redute14

what happens if they do keep bringing it up?

SUUte
      Ute Fan
      @garrstew

Whitt’s going to do what’s best to win. If Rising and Kuithe are healthy then absolutely we want them back. They’re both gamers and have that “It” factor. Decisions are part of college football. It wasn’t like either of these kids made the “decision” for their bodies to heal differently. Should it have been handled differently? Sure. But the fact is the coaching staff did the best with the information they were given. Whitt knows what he has in those 2. If they want to stay, they will play. No need to rush decisions.

AZUTE
      Ute Fan
      @azute

If Rising Kuithe and Bernard all come back next season with this defense Utah is the runaway favorite to win the Big12.

Which means a playoff berth in the CFB championship at the end of the year.

The only downside is you risk some of the younger talent transferring out not wanting to sit another year behind players that were supposed to be gone by then.

Roy Rangum
      Ute Fan
      @royrangum

I think Proud Ute has an excellent point about making them commit and not allowing ourselves to be strung along. While yes we want them back, they have to want to come back too. If they are going to go elsewhere (which would presumably happen only if the NIL money is better elsewhere), they need to make that known sooner than later so we don’t miss out on recruits.

The Miami Ute
        Ute Fan
        @themiamiute

There’s that…and there’s also the nagging doubt in the back of your mind whether A. They’ll return to a reasonable facsimile of what they were. They wouldn’t be the first players to return as lesser versions of the original after suffering a serious injury. And B. It’s a reasonable possibility to think that injuries will surface again with both of these players. Kuithe himself said in a recent interview that his injured leg is nowhere close in strength to his uninjured leg and that just practicing and favoring it has affected other parts of his lower body.

I guess the bottom line is that the Utah brain trust is going to have to do a deep dive on both of these guys and determine if the juice is worth the squeeze of bringing them back. You never know…Whitt might pull a Dave Aranda and tell Rising, “Thanks, but no thanks.” Aranda had Charlie Brewer, Baylor’s second leading passer in history and a four year starter, waiting on him when he arrived and he told him “see ya” because of Brewer’s history with concussions.

Trailgoat
      Ute Fan
      @utahgoat

Yeah, this fits into the post-season banter category. Not on KWs radar mid-season. Have to think KW addresses the situation early on so Utah can go portal shopping for a 1-2 year QB while the young QBs are developing for 2025. Utah is in an excellent position to land a very good QB in the portal if CR splits. KW’s not going to get played again or caught up in a bidding war while CR entertains other schools for a bigger payout. Guessing we know before the bowl game or very soon after. No problem with CR getting what he can through NIL. By the time next season starts, both CR and BK will have not taken a snap of high-level D1 football in almost two years. The off-season will be filled with fan entertainment :). Go Utes!

Tony. thanks for not dumping my login while I was off the grid for several months :). Utah football is in damn good shape right now and for the future. Go Utes!

Jim Vanderhoof
      Ute Fan
      @jvhoofs

Winning a college football championship is the goal and dream of every kid. Reality of even getting in the playoff is almost non existent. Rising Kuithe have that chance of reality.

If they commit I think the rest of the team will also commit. Portal players will also be interested in winning a title. Cam could be the catalyst. I hope he comes back and makes a run. That would be his best chance to get drafted.

Whitt is getting close to retirement and what a way to send him out. It might be our last chance to have a legit shot. Poker game analogy “go all in”. Dreams Cam come true!

Viewing 9 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Rising and Kuithe