Rising’s preseason ranking

Viewing 3 reply threads

ProudUte
      Ute Fan
      @proudute

Yesterday, Bill Riley talked about a list of the top incoming QBs for the 2024 college football season. Rising was ranked 16th on the list. Riley was upset. He feels Rising deserves much better.

I kind of get the ranking. When he plays in 2024, he will have not played in 20 months. He suffered a major injury. This injury could possibly affect his ability to run and if Rising can’t run – he is not quite as good. I hope Rising has the same kind of season that we saw in 2021 and 2022 prior to his mid-season injury.

Honestly, I don’t know where to rank him until I see him play again. I know he will be much better than anything we saw last season. Can he be as good as he once was? If he can effectively run – then yes. I guess it’s possible that he will be better, but …

So what do you all think? Is Rising a top 5 or top 10 QB as Riley thinks?

In the end – I am very glad to have Rising back on the field and am excited for the 2024 season.

Go Utes!!!

RoboUte
      Ute Fan
      @hamplate

Five stars out of five

One ACLs out of two

He’s had enough time that I expect him to come back swinging. Rising is a proven good college quarterback and it’d be hard to rank him outside of the top 25 even if you expect him to have regressed a bit. Inside top 20 if he’s good to go.

MDUte
      Ute Fan
      @mdute

Not sure where to rank Rising given he didn’t play last year. All I know is he’s our MVP and is going to lead us to our 3rd Conference Championship and 1st CFP appearance. So for those reasons, I’d rank him in the Top 10 with anyone else in the country. Go Utes!!

Yergensen
      Ute Fan
      @yergensen

Statistically Cam wows no one, but he has more “It” factor than anyone.

His leadership on and off the field, his grit in the moment to make a play that in and of itself can win/change games and seems to raise team play around him. This stuff doesn’t show up in a box score or these analyses, but it’s there and it’s impactful.

When he plays, we win conferences, 2 for 2. Might be my favorite Utah football player ever and I’ve been around for awhile.

Viewing 3 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Rising’s preseason ranking