Roll Call – Who plays what?

Viewing 13 reply threads

Hockeybeard
      Ute Fan
      @hockeybeard

So I’m mostly a PC gamer, though I do have an XBox One that I play some Halo on (can’t wait for Halo 5). Also have an original Wii gathering dust in a box…

I play everything from MMO’s, RPGs, to FPSs and RTSs.

What does everyone play?

Wilson’s Mustache
      Ute Fan
      @sigmaute

I have an Xbox one and the only game I play is Madden 16. I’ll probably pick up Halo 5

MV
      Ute Fan
      @midnightversion

Never did get into gaming.

Hockeybeard
        Ute Fan
        @hockeybeard

If you’ve got the free time, there’s no harm in trying. The barrier to getting into it now-a-days is very small – most modern PCs can handle lite stuff.

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

I build drones.

Hockeybeard
        Ute Fan
        @hockeybeard

Like this one?

• This reply was modified 8 years, 7 months ago by Hockeybeard.

Tony (admin)
          Admin/Founder
          @admin

No. Like this one…
          Drone

Wilson’s Mustache
            Ute Fan
            @sigmaute

That is awesome & probably costs and exorbitent amount although most serious hobby do.

Puget Ute
            Ute Fan
            @pugetute

That is great Tony. I have been flying rc airplanes for almost 40 years now, and recently got into helis big time. The new tech for quads is amazing. I have friends who fly fpv and have fly-in gatherings where they film all kinds of cool things. I saw a vid of a guy who was (illegally) flying about 5 miles out and up to 20,000 ft altitude over the sound. In the vid you could see whales and porpoises at the lower altitudes, and when he was higher you could see the boats and ships, etc. all in crystal-clear 1080P.

Another very cool vid was filmed flying through the sailboats during a race.

You should start a thread and talk about your gear and post vids.

Tony (admin)
              Admin/Founder
              @admin

Thanks Puget. I have a website dedicated to drones called Ambient Flight. It’s been a blast. I just started doing those super fast mini racing quadcopters. Insanely fast.

Puget Ute
                Ute Fan
                @pugetute

My brother (FlyinUte) has a 250 racer and just got into fpv. That looks like a ton of fun.

I will look at your site.

Ute4life
      Ute Fan
      @ute4life

I play Ps4. MLB the Show, and the usual shooters(Battlefield, COD, etc). I like to game on PC, but I am in dire need of a new computer.

Hockeybeard
        Ute Fan
        @hockeybeard

I’ve built and upgraded my own PC in order to make it affordable. Hit me up if you come back to the Glorious PC Master Race 🙂

UteStuckInSeattle
      Ute Fan
      @utestuckinseattle

I have 4 custom-built PCs, 2 Xbox Ones, 2 Xbox 360’s, iPads, Kindles, and enough free time to play NONE of them.

My kids love Minecraft and I get a game of NCAA in a few times a month with my teenage son, but outside of that my time spent on the computer is either work, home network (keeping the HTPCS and file servers running) or Ute stuff.

My wife plays World of Warcraft.

Hockeybeard
        Ute Fan
        @hockeybeard

I’ve made my kids stay on the XBox with Minecraft so that the PC is mine…muahahaha

Jumpmasterute
      Ute Fan
      @jumpmasterute

Never mind.

Homer Crimson
      Ute Fan
      @homercrimson

Long time PC player, FPS, RPGs, I’ll try new MMORPGs, but they’re all the same mechanic anymore, and the grind has lost all appeal to me. After I’ve gotten an idea of what the world looks like, I usually bail because who needs a virtual 9-5?

I can’t play FPS on consoles to save my life; nothing beats keyboard/mouse for accuracy. Witcher 3 is the only thing I’ve played recently, and it’s great. I just don’t have much time to game anymore.

Oh, and on FPS’s, I prefer tactical realism rules. Anyone know any good recent games that lend themselves to that?

• This reply was modified 8 years, 7 months ago by Homer Crimson.

Hockeybeard
        Ute Fan
        @hockeybeard

Rainbow Six: The Siege has some good tactical based gameplay – Coming out on Dec. 1st Haven’t been in the beta but hearing good things about it.

You sound a lot like me, MMOs lose their luster after the initial excitement and I just end up going back to WoW for a few months until the nostalgia burns away.

Dugway
      Ute Fan
      @dugway

I’m up to 60 hours spent on Mad Max on the PC, with probably another 40 to go. I have quite enjoyed it, it definitely feels like Mad Max!

Hockeybeard
        Ute Fan
        @hockeybeard

I’ve only heard good things about Mad Max, which is refreshing since it didn’t get the huge corporate marketing push before it came out. I might have to pick it up on a steam sale later on.

utahpunk
      Ute Fan
      @utahpunk

I play almost everything. I have:

PS1/PS2/PS3
      WiiU
      GameCube
      Retron3 (NES/SNES/Genesis)
      PC Games (Including emulators)
      GameBoy/GBC
      PSP
      GBA

*Favorite Genre/Franchise = SHMUPS/Gradius

• This reply was modified 8 years, 7 months ago by utahpunk.

UTAuley
      Ute Fan
      @utauley

I have a ~15 y/o PC that I think I last turned on three years ago. Used to play MMORPGs like City of Heroes, WOW, and SW:G. Also used to load up older games like the original Fallout/Fallout2, Diablo’s, etc. when I felt like killing some time.

I have an Xbox 360 which I game on maybe every other week or so. Never really enjoyed the online FPS games as I don’t have the time to get familiar and ended up just getting insta-killed by people who spend too much time on the game. Unfortunately my friends & family who game are generally playing these so I don’t often interact with them on Xbox Live. I’m more likely to fire up an outdated sports franchise for a game or two, or if I have time, I might play some AC:BF or GTA. I do enjoy Happy Wars as a quick, fun online interaction though.

We also have a Wii which is usually found unplugged, though occasionally my wife clears some space to Zumba or one of the WiiFit games and then doesn’t actually turn the system on.

My girls are still a bit young to game (3 & 1 next month) but as they get older, I’m sure we’ll start seeing some age-appropriate content taking over the consoles.

• This reply was modified 8 years, 7 months ago by UTAuley.

FormerUteSax
      Ute Fan
      @formerutesax

Does Solitaire count?

MaxHallsLeftNut
      Ute Fan
      @maxhallsleftnut

In my youth I had the pleasure of playing a spirited Bocce match with the son of Sir Arthur Conan Doyle. He sullied the name of his father that day.

UtahUteGuy
      Ute Fan
      @utahuteguy

I like to play trivia games. Does that count?

Viewing 13 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Misc Roll Call – Who plays what?