Rose

Viewing 6 reply threads

#3bballer
      Ute Fan
      @3bballer

Please excuse my ignorance. I don’t understand why whitt says Rose has been out too long to “catch up” in order to play. He was number 2 going into camp and healthy now. Please help me understand this reasoning. We’ve seen backups enter games on other teams and some seem to do pretty well.

22Ute22
      Ute Fan
      @utedagoat

I don’t get it either. He should be ready for November imo. At the very least, the bowl game.

The Miami Ute
      Ute Fan
      @themiamiute

Personally, I never followed that logic. Rose has been here as long as Nate, so it’s hard to understand the thought process which would render him ineligible for the remainder of the year. This especially when he was the #2 QB going into the season. You never know what’s going with Utah behind closed doors. Maybe Rose is in the doghouse for some unknown reason. But hey, it’s Whitt’s team. I only watch them from the stands.

2008 National Champ
      Ute Fan
      @cptmrgn05

He probably had at least 3 weeks of limited activity, but we saw Travis Hunter come back from the same type of injury in under a month.

I think it’s more a case of Whitt being Whitt. Tell everyone that an unhealthy QB will be back any second while acting like a healthy one won’t play at all.

The Miami Ute
        Ute Fan
        @themiamiute

Whitt said weeks ago that Rose had recovered from his injury. However, he also said that we probably wouldn’t see him because he had fallen down the pecking order due to lack of activity. Does Utah, seeing how inconsistent the QB play has been this year, really have that luxury? It’s his call.

2008 National Champ
          Ute Fan
          @cptmrgn05

No one should be ruled out of the QB pecking order this year. At least until someone proves they can handle all aspects of the job.

I’m not putting any credibility on Whitt’s pronouncements for the rest of this year. Fool me once, shame on me. Try to fool me for the 17th time?

UtMtBiker
            Ute Fan
            @utmtbiker

Whitts credibility = 0

The Miami Ute
              Ute Fan
              @themiamiute

I don’t want to start a downvote avalanche…at the same time, and I love Whitt (looking at his framed autographed photo in my office right now) and have the highest respect for him, there’s a bunch of stuff associated with how the QB situation has been handled since Cam got injured in the Rose Bowl that just puzzles me. I guess you just have to chalk it up to how Whitt conducts business and to what he believes is best for the team.

UtesRule
              Ute Fan
              @utesrule

Winningest coach in Utah Football history has no credibility???!!!!!????

Down vote awarded (and I would have done more than one if I could have have).

Charlie
      Ute Fan
      @charlie

As one possible explanation, a great deal is accomplished in fall camp and the non conference schedule. How many freshman backups miss these two periods and do catch up? Maybe it was close enough that Rose has to catch others where they are now and that is difficult with all the focus on the two that may play game to game.

ORute
      Ute Fan
      @grute

Yea, makes no sense to me either. Basically its saying Ludwig’s offense is so complex that a year and a half in the program isn’t long enough to learn it? Was Rose not allowed to look at the playbook while he was injured? imo, getting Rose up to speed is more important than a ‘gameready’ BB. Rose is the (potential)future, BB is not, get him the reps as soon as he’s healthy. Safe to say CR isn’t back this year, so why not develop Rose. He looked really solid in the spring game….oh well, gotta trust the process…

bopahull
        Ute Fan
        @bopahull

I don’t want whomever is the starter sharing starting reps. We’ve already tried that.

ORute
          Ute Fan
          @grute

Yea, meant give Rose all the reps. If he’s healthy he needs to play–if we’re going to be run heavy, why can’t he hand it off any worse than Barnes

CityCreekUte
      Ute Fan
      @citycreekute

medical redshirt.

2008 National Champ
        Ute Fan
        @cptmrgn05

not eligible for a medical until he’s exhausted his eligibility and to get it, he can’t play this year. Unless you think Rose is your starter in 2027, you either get him in the mix or move on from him for this year. If you aren’t going to play him, let him help out with scout team but no game reps.

Viewing 6 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.