Rose update

Viewing 4 reply threads

highlandute7
      Ute Fan
      @highlandute7

Good article. Like what Rose had to say and the updates provided makes sense.

Rose

UrbanLiar
      Ute Fan
      @urbanliar

Thanks for sharing this. Maybe I’ve missed him but I haven’t seen Rose on the sidelines of the games. I assume he’s up in the booth with Ludwig similar to what Cam did during his injury year?

DataUte
        Ute Fan
        @scotwaye

I haven’t looked. But Bottari with his glorious mane is on the sideline with a vest helping sign in plays.

Charlie
      Ute Fan
      @charlie

At this point I don’t expect much to be said as QBs and coaches begin to look at their options. As options become clear choices will be made and then statements. I expect coaches will be the last to finish as they will always be open to improving the room. Enjoy the next 5 games, have some hope for a 6th, and winter will then provide a cast of characters for spring. We won’t be seeing anything from Brandon so I suppose it is too early to start a cheer for Brandon.

The Miami Ute
        Ute Fan
        @themiamiute

If Rose wins the starting job next year, would it be of bad taste to cheer “Let’s Go Brandon!” at Utah games?

Charlie
          Ute Fan
          @charlie

I was wondering the same thing but didn’t want to offend anyone. With our best basketball player and one of the QBs being Brandon it may become a thing but the NASCAR cheer is fading away. I heard it a couple of times at BB last year and people just laughed.

The Miami Ute
            Ute Fan
            @themiamiute

Carlson is actually Branden but you have a legitimate point.

2008 National Champ
        Ute Fan
        @cptmrgn05

Agree Charlie. We’re a month away from the first portal window. A whole bunch of issues will get some clarification then

ProudUte
      Ute Fan
      @proudute

It seems obvious now that they will not play Rose this season because he can get a medical redshirt if he doesn’t play He already took his normal redshirt year last season. It makes more sense to me now. We are just going to try and get by the remainder of the season with Barnes and or Johnson.

I suspect if Rising comes back, Rose will enter the portal. I can’t blame him.

The Miami Ute
        Ute Fan
        @themiamiute

Just Rose?

2008 National Champ
          Ute Fan
          @cptmrgn05

If Johnson wants an NFL career, he doesn’t need to go more than about 10 yards in either direction and play slot.

I may be misreading the market but it feels like he would have Shelley vibes in the portal. Maybe he gets a chance to QB at a G5 but the same mechanical issues will still exist. If Johnson is willing to put in the work to correct those, his path to start at QB isn’t any shorter at another school than it is at Utah since the new coaches will look at tape of the UCLA and Oregon State games and decide he is a project instead of a plug and play starter.

ProudUte
      Ute Fan
      @proudute

I agree.

I think if Johnson wants a college and possible pro career, he needs to change positions. It seems to me that he would have the greatest chance of success at WR.

Viewing 4 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.