Scalley’s response…

Viewing 6 reply threads

Rick
      Ute Fan
      @utebiquitous

Scalley’s response was terrific in the presser just now. It’s exactly what I expected from him – humble, contrite, poised to learn from his mistakes and become part of the solution.

Sure there will be some ups and downs for the program – and for him – as a result of this; but I think there will be far more positives and everyone associated with the program will be better human beings for it.

10 13

Cesar Chavez
      Ute Fan
      @le-cockgrande

M.S got “escape goated”, 50% pay deduction, and no longer considered a candidate for HC, what reasons does he have to stay at Utah. All because of a word that most people have used at some point in their lives. Also, I am totaly agains the use of that word, but how is it not racist when an African American uses it, rap music uses it all the time but no one ever bitches about it. If the “N” word is racist, it is racist for anyone who uses it, not just a white dude.

11 1

3UteDad
        @3utedad

I’m not sure where you grew up or how old you are, but I would contest your assertion that most people have used that term at some point in their lives. Maybe we just run in different circles…

Tony (admin)
        Admin/Founder
        @admin

Most people?  No. 

7 3

RiseasUtes
        Ute Fan
        @riseasutes

Are black people racist against themselves when they use it?  I think it’s pretty obvious why a white person shouldn’t use that word.  FYI, the goat didn’t escape.

EagleMountainUte
          Ute Fan
          @battlegroundute

Interesting what if…So what if Scalley is fired and Shah isn’t?  I would say Shah equally violated a code of conduct. The argument of well he is allowed because of his race is silly. That word has zero place in a professional setting and should extend to the rest of the population which obviously isn’t feasible. 

Matthew Thomas Castleton
        Ute Fan
        @mcastleton928

Actually, he’s not removed from head coach consideration. Just “coach-in-waiting” status, making it so he can’t just get the job automatically when Whittingham retires. He’ll have to be considered amongst other candidates vying for the position, though he still could be promoted if that’s what they choose to do.

Brettski
      Ute Fan
      @brettski

Is there a link to this presser?

4 4

Cesar Chavez
      Ute Fan
      @le-cockgrande

down town LA, and if you never herd one of your friends or relatives use that word, then you are probably either a lier, or you’ve been living in a cave for most of your life.

7 2

3UteDad
        @3utedad

I am neither a “liar” nor have lived in a cave. I’m just an average white male born in Chicago, lived in Milwaukee, and moved to Utah more than 30 years ago. I never said that I hadn’t “heard” a friend or relative use that word. I was contesting your assertion that “most” people have used that term. I have raised 3 kids that are proud graduates from the U of U, and I can say that word never crossed anyone’s lips in our household. Like I said, we must run in different circles…and honestly I would avoid circles where that term is in common use.

3 2

Cesar Chavez
          Ute Fan
          @le-cockgrande

Cool! good for you…I agree, we defenetly hang out in different circles. by the way I’m also a proud U of U grad. MS in Medical Laboratory Science.

5 5

ReconUte
            Ute Fan
            @reconute

Not trying to be a dick however, you have a Masters from the U yet you cannot spell liar and heard correctly? It’s not a spell check problem either. Damn I’m kinda mad at the U now for failing you! 

4 3

PhiladelphiaUte
              Ute Fan
              @philadelphiaute

Cesar can’t spell “definitely” either.  He actually spells like a zoob.  Sounds like we have a zoob troll on our hands.  He has to pretend to be one of us, because it’s way too embarrassing to admit he’s so WACish and midmajory, and he wants so desperately to feel like a champion.

Poor zoob.

8 1

PhiladelphiaUte
              Ute Fan
              @philadelphiaute

ReconUte:

I just checked.  The U doesn’t offer an MS in “Medical Laboratory Science”.  They offer a BS in it, and they offer an MS in “Laboratory Medicine and Biomedical Science”, but not what Cesar claimed.  Cesar lied.

Now I KNOW he’s a zoob.

5 1

ReconUte
                Ute Fan
                @reconute

It all makes perfect sense now! Good find! Let’s see if he owns up to it…..

4 1

Central Coast Ute
                  Ute Fan
                  @flip2848

He’ll either change his handle or create a new profile altogether. Zoobs never own up to anything.

Cesar Chavez
                  Ute Fan
                  @le-cockgrande

What is your degree in? social studies? Art?, consumer studies? or some other bone head Bulls**t degree like that?

PhiladelphiaUte
                    Ute Fan
                    @philadelphiaute

Whatever his degree is in, at least he won’t have to lie about his academic credentials like YOU do!

Busted!  How embarrassing for you.

dystopiamembrane
      Ute Fan
      @dystopiamembrane

In an espn.com article, I found the following blurb.

…he did admit to telling a “joke” about Polynesians and Native Americans at a practice in 2018.

2 2

User Suspended
      @a2ute

I fell so proud.

1 5

Cesar Chavez
      Ute Fan
      @le-cockgrande
Viewing 6 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Scalley’s response…