SEC CCG Repercussions

Viewing 6 reply threads
      1 2

The Miami Ute
      Ute Fan
      @themiamiute

Georgia gets left out of the CFP if they lose to Bans, correct? If both Michigan and FSU win, it has to be UW vs Bama and Michigan vs FSU in the CFP.

1 1

SteelUte
      Ute Fan
      @steelute

Sec trying to get two teams in. Refs overlook a bobbled pass and don’t go to review in favor of Alabama. Probably a 14 point swing Tides way. I could see Bama winning and Georgia still get in.
      My guess Georgia, Michigan, Washington, Texas.

ALUF
      Ute Fan
      @dbgii77

Texas beat bama at home, I think the sec is left out with fsu, uw and Michigan all unbeaten

KLars04
      Ute Fan
      @klars04

I don’t know how you can put Bama in over Texas when Texas beat them soundly on their home field. If Bama ends up winning this game and Florida state wins tonight, I think there’s a very real possibility the SEC could get left out

The Miami Ute
      Ute Fan
      @themiamiute

Oooooooh…that would be something to see…I know the SEC would be squealing like stuck pigs. But the SEC has so much pull behind closed doors that I wouldn’t put it past them to somehow worm themselves into the CFP.

2 1

2008 National Champ
        Ute Fan
        @cptmrgn05

In a perfect world, 1 loss Georgia and Alabama would get left out. In the current unpronounceable 4 letter word world we live in where they own the playoff, the SEC and the committee are in charge of inviting teams that they can sell the best.,, fat chance neither makes it

beaslad
      Ute Fan
      @beaslad

I honestly can see the situation where Alabama wins a close game and somehow they justify putting them both in with Washington and Michigan. They will use FSU’s second string QB as the dreaded “eye test” that they aren’t one of the four best teams.

UTUTE
        Ute Fan
        @utute

I can’t see how they put Bama in from 8 to 4.
        If Bama wins and assuming Michigan and FSU both win I would think
        1. Michigan
        2. UW
        3. FSU
        4. Georgia

Unless Georgia gets blown out…then who knows for #4
        Ohio State, Texas, Bama.

The Miami Ute
          Ute Fan
          @themiamiute

You don’t think Alabama jumps over Georgia after beating them head to head in a CCG?

UTUTE
            Ute Fan
            @utute

Good point. This will be unpalatable for a team or two for sure.

The Miami Ute
              Ute Fan
              @themiamiute

Oh yeah, the SEC CCG announcers were already talking about a 13-0 FSU bring left out in favor of Texas. If that happens and I’m FSU, I’m going to the NCAA with torches and pitchforks.

2008 National Champ
                Ute Fan
                @cptmrgn05

as of 5:38pm Arizona time, I see two current scenarios.

1. Michigan and FSU win. Committee decides that FSU has proven themselves and moves them to 1, Michigan and UW stay at 2 & 3, Alabama moves to 4. ESPN will want to sell the traditional Rose Bowl and will get plenty of eyes for FSU/Bama. Pretty much their dream playoff.

2. Michigan loses. Win or lose FSU will then be out because, committee logic. UW moves to 1, Bama to 2, Michigan drops to 3 and Georgia 4. Sets it up for the dreaded all-ess-eee-cee final.

The Miami Ute
                  Ute Fan
                  @themiamiute

I think that your second scenario only happens if both Michigan and FSU lose.

UtahMan17
      Ute Fan
      @utahman17

Texas and Alabama are both one loss conference champs. They played each other. Texas won. This isn’t that hard. Texas is in along with the 3 undefeated conference champs.

The Miami Ute
        Ute Fan
        @themiamiute

It is hard…head to head matters, of course, but Texas’ problem is that it beat Alabama three months ago while Alabama beat the undisputed best team in the land last night. Recency bias matters as well… plus there’s the fact that the SEC has a tremendous amount of influence in the world of college football and no one is going to lift a finger to support Texas. As you know, Texas football is essentially conference-less due to their impending departure to the SEC.

DataUte
          Ute Fan
          @scotwaye

According to fan chants, Texas is already SEC, so their commissioner should be ok 😉. Saban said they are a different team now than they were for Texas and USF, but he also said consider the whole body of work, and so, in doing so for Texas, they come out ahead by beating Alabama lol

The Miami Ute
            Ute Fan
            @themiamiute

If we’re talking Texas, besides their loss to Oklahoma, they had numerous close calls this year. They barely beat Houston (bad team), they barely beat KSU in OT (8-4 team/4th in Big 12), and barely survived TCU (bad team). Do those results matter? In fact, prior to the last two games, they were winning but doing so unimpressively. My gut, and I’ve been wrong before many, many times, tells me that Texas is the team left standing when the music stops.

Viewing 6 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football SEC CCG Repercussions