Viewing 4 reply threads

Ghost of the HEB
      Ute Fan
      @deseretgentlman

Who’d we lose now?

ThurstonW
      Ute Fan
      @thurstonw

There’s no commitment yet, but I believe the rumor is around Nate Ritchie (Safety, American Fork).  He’s got a pretty good list of offers (stanford, ucs, asu, ucla) so not sure why folks are assuming he’s ours….

mfaulk80
        Ute Fan
        @mfaulk80

There’s no commitment yet, but I believe the rumor is around Nate Ritchie (Safety, American Fork).  He’s got a pretty good list of offers (stanford, ucs, asu, ucla) so not sure why folks are assuming he’s ours….

My response…

Oh, I’m probably wrong with my response.  Losing Nate Ritchie to ASU would super suck though.  That would be a much bigger hit in terms of expectations. 

User Suspended
        @a2ute

Bad on kwhitt for offering Ritchie….

What I’ve learned on Utehub is that the Utes should not publically extend any offers because ASU will swoop in and steal them…lol.

Central Coast Ute
          Ute Fan
          @flip2848

That’s referring to under the radar recruits. Ritchie will be getting his fourth star soon. Not really under the radar.

mfaulk80
      Ute Fan
      @mfaulk80

I’d guess that it could be Daniyel Ngata who was definitely a high profile target, but also a bit of a long shot considering he hasn’t made an official visit here.  According to 247, he is the #2 all purpose back in the country.  He retweeted a couple of ASU related tweets, and the ASU boards feel like that may be him showing his cards.  

Like most Ute fans, I hate losing recruits to ASU….but at least it was a recruit that I wasn’t hopeful to land anyway.  Still sucks if it’s true, but I haven’t seen anything solid to necessarily indicate that it’s a lock either…  We’ll see.

Utah is eyeing a few other backs that they are more likely to land…

COUte
      Ute Fan
      @coute

Nate Ritchie seems like the second coming of Chase Hansen. He has to be a Utah Man. Ngata would be the best offensive recruit in team history, but not likely.

AgouraUte
      @agouraute

There is a $1 promo going on 247 utezone right now.

COUte
        Ute Fan
        @coute

I checked there an didn’t see anything

Virginia Ute
        Ute Fan
        @virginiaute

How are those recruiting sites getting people to pay for that stuff in the age of Twitter and social media?  Are they breaking the news any faster?

mfaulk80
          Ute Fan
          @mfaulk80

Yes, there are things that break on there sooner (Covey’s redshirt broke a few days earlier for example).  There is also a lot of insider perspective that you just don’t get in other places.  Fortunately, I’m in a position where the subscription fee isn’t too big of a deal, and I enjoy getting that insider perspective on things.  There is enough stuff that ‘breaks faster’, but that’s not the only reason to subscribe to be honest…. 

Tony (admin)
          Admin/Founder
          @admin

I’m curious.  How much is it to subscribe?  Does anyone do it?  If you do, do you think it is worth it?

Thlete
            Ute Fan
            @thlete

I did it a couple years back as it’s great info for recruiting but a few years of getting excited for guys that end up committing elsewhere and I decided that I’m fine with just seeing who signs with the Utes in the end and skip the drama.

Central Coast Ute
          Ute Fan
          @flip2848

I see no need to pay for it even if I have expendable income for it. Looking at sites like this one, Twitter or even just listening to local talk radio gets me all the info I need. It may be a little slower, but I still get the info.

Viewing 4 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Seeing twitter chatter about losing another recruit to ASU