So here’s a different thought experiment.

Viewing 7 reply threads
      4 3

Utahute72
      Ute Fan
      @utahute72

It looks to me like we have two options at this point.  

First we can stay the course and implement the new offensive scheme, but this comes with a lot more uncertainty against the higher level talent and a pretty significant chance we miss a bowl game.  But it would also put us further down the path of establishing the offense and moving toward what we hope is a more dynamic scheme.

Second is we can retrench.  It looks like if we switch to a more run oriented offense (maybe with Williams instead of Huntley as the primary QB), we can probably win enough to get to a bowl game.  But in the process we regress somewhat in moving toward the more dynamic offense we are looking to establish.

If you were in charge which path would you chose.

UteBacker
      Ute Fan
      @utebacker

Personally, I’d give up a chance to play Indiana in order to come out firing on all cylinders NEXT year.
      GREAT question by the way.

10 2

Duhwayne
      Ute Fan
      @duhwayne

Christ on a bike. The decision was made when we hired Taylor last year. All that has happened is Huntley missed a couple games and had a bad one against ASU. Now people are talking about a coaching shuffle. More entitled than SEC fans and for what reason? We play in a conference that staffs HCs with winners from P5s and the NFL. Why are Ute fans so entitled? Who is going to be better than what we have at the rate we pay them? We burn OCs faster than starting QBs. Give the team a year or two.

3 2

Utah
        Ute Fan
        @utah

Man, you are strawmanning to the extreme here. 

Utahute72
          Ute Fan
          @utahute72

Hey it’s what we do as Utah fans.  

PlainsUte
            Ute Fan
            @plainsute

Triangle solo?  Surprising.   Ute fans calling for OC’s head on a pike?  Its what we do.

Utah
      Ute Fan
      @utah

Whitt is right. Let Taylor figure it out. Stay the course. 

SteelUte
      Ute Fan
      @steelute

What would I do…?

What a mess, but realistically we can make a bowl game.  Oregon(road) UCLA, and Colorado (at home) are winnable games.  Washington, Wazzu are gonna be ugly.  I feel bad for Troy Williams,  but  it would be crazy to give up on Huntley. I think we close our eyes and cross our fingers and use this year to grow.  I think week by week our running game and Oline come along as well.  A bowl game is vital to give this group more practice and another game to gel.  Hopefully next year we stay healthy and can make a run.

I don’t know if Whit has the patience or luxury of burning a year to grow. 

4 1

crazyute
      Ute Fan
      @crazyute

I believe a big issue is that there is campaigning going on behind the scenes from a QB that didn’t win the job, but wad voted a captain. I do believe there is a divide.

UteThunder
        Ute Fan
        @utethunder

Is this something you’ve heard? 

ironman1315
        Ute Fan
        @ironman1315

Source?

2 1

crazyute
      Ute Fan
      @crazyute

No insight just reading tea leaves. Something doesn’t feel right on the offense and Williams has had poor body language. Even Saturday when he thought he was going to go in right before the half he was shaking his head and looked disgusted. I just don’t feel he has fully bought into the decision.

ladyinred
        Ute Fan
        @ladyinred

Troy looked disgusted saturday? As he should, I was disgusted, so were the people around me. 

UtMtBiker
      Ute Fan
      @utmtbiker

I think it is clear he made the wrong move last year, but you can’t switch it up again and regress. I do think that Utah’s best chance to win in the Pac12 is an offense more like the last 2 years. Power run game and solid defense. We looked like that agains USC and it was a nice blueprint of what we should be doing. Last we came back to Huntly, back to the lateral short throw game, no threat of a deep pass, and made it easy on the defense. At this point we have to stick with it though. Can’t switch every year.

Viewing 7 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football So here’s a different thought experiment.