So sounds like the former BIG12 is poised to expand

Viewing 5 reply threads

Waybackutefan
      Ute Fan
      @waybackutefan

If thats the case YBU is probably getting an invite. Time to pick the new loving name for the conference if YBU finally gets the coverted by no one invite  My vote is:

Little 12.1

Central Coast Ute
      Ute Fan
      @flip2848

byu will have to cancel a lot of their games if they join a conference. Let’s hope they cancel a few with Utah.

Waybackutefan
        Ute Fan
        @waybackutefan

Always a silver lining.

Tony (admin)
        Admin/Founder
        @admin

They’ll be even more insufferable if they do that, which is hard to imagine. 

Duhwayne
      Ute Fan
      @duhwayne

I can be sincerely happy for them while being sincerely happy that we play them less while avoiding Lubbock, Ames, Waco, etc.

AlohaUte
        Ute Fan
        @alohaute

For sure, I hope this expansion happens and that the Pac-12 doesn’t grab Big 12 teams if only because I’d rather consistently play in California than Texas or other plains states.

OldAsDirtUte
      Ute Fan
      @oldasdirtute

Fortunately,

The PAC-12 has decided to NOT expand at this time.

That leaves us stable, which is a far better situation than a lot of teams now.

PhiladelphiaUte
      Ute Fan
      @philadelphiaute

I don’t see the Big XII inviting ybU-p and Boise St.  Not with West Virginia in the league anyway.  WVU wants to join the ACC, but (1) the ACC doesn’t appear interested in expanding, and (2) if they DO decide to expand, I think they’d be more interested in Cincinnati than the Mountaineers.

Assuming the ACC doesn’t expand, the Big XII would most likely take Cincinnati and UCF, and 2 more of the following schools:  Temple, Navy, USF, Memphis, Houston, or Tulsa.

Hellhound152
        Ute Fan
        @hellhound152

When the big 12 tries to moneyball their way back to A5 status BYU is only chip left with real market value to pitch.  AAC schools are speculations that they may draw given resources and networks won’t buy it.

Houston is going to get a raw deal because the leftover 8 don’t want to give Houston Big12 status because a p5 Houston kills the leftover 8’s ability to pick up kids from Houston and East Texas that the SEC schools don’t gobble up.

2 4

UteBacker
      Ute Fan
      @utebacker

It’s not just our in-state rival’s football team the BigXII would be adding.  There’s a whole lot of baggage that would come along with that association.  Despite the author, this is a pretty good explanation of that baggage.

Gordon Monson Article

Viewing 5 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums They So Poo Poo So sounds like the former BIG12 is poised to expand