So, what do you think of UCLA?

Viewing 7 reply threads

ProudUte
      Ute Fan
      @proudute

I watched much of their game against ASU.  They moved the ball at will.  Now that they are healthy and more experienced, their offense looks pretty good.  They scored over 60 against WSU.  I think that their defense still has some issues.  We have them at home and will be heavy favorites; however, this game may not be the easy gimme game I thought it would be.

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

They have a pretty good QB and decent offense. They’ll score some points against us, but they haven’t faced a D like ours yet, and it will be coooold.  

PlainsUte
      Ute Fan
      @plainsute

Would rather have them as a road game instead of Wash or USC.  Their fans don’t show up.

UtahFanSir
      Ute Fan
      @utahfansir

Thoughts on various…

The leading North team, Oregon, plays the leading South team, SC, in the Coliseum. Given how WSU worked Oregon and how well SC is playing at the moment, this contest will be one to watch. I want the Ducks to win. But it would not surprise me if they lost. The Ducks have the longest win streak in the conference at 7. SC is still a bit of an enigma to me, semi organized great talent.

Washington is fourth in the North and another loss puts them in the cellar with WSU and Cal. They are better than that. So I expect a fierce battle in this one. Utah must play an error, mistake, penalty free and assignment sound game. I think they can do it. Utah has the second longest winning streak at 4 games.

Both contests have huge implications for Oregon and Utah, to state the obvious.

UCLA is an interesting case. Left as roadkill earlier, the Bruins are now in third place in the South with a 3-2 conference record. Both Arizona programs are 2-3. The UCLA-SC contest will be another good game, potentially.

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

Wait a sec. Is this an “overlooking Washington” thread?

ironman1315
      Ute Fan
      @ironman1315

Utah with a week to prepare and our highly effective run defense? Not worried.

alUmnUs
      Ute Fan
      @alumnus

I think they’ll stun SC at the end of the year.

Ex’dUte
      Ute Fan
      @exdute

Crazily, there are only two teams in the South that are guaranteed to go to the PAC-12 title game if they win out — and neither one is No. 9 in the nation Utah.

USC controls its own destiny, as most of you know, but so does UCLA. Yeah, the Bruins already have two league losses, but if they win out they will be 7-2 in conference games and will hold the tie breaker over both us and USC.

IamgrUTE
        Ute Fan
        @jrevans

That’s an interesting point but they would have to beat both Utah and U$C for that to happen. If they do that then they deserve to be in the p-12 title game.

Viewing 7 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football So, what do you think of UCLA?