So what is the future with Shelley and Huntley now?

Viewing 5 reply threads

EagleMountainUte
      Ute Fan
      @battlegroundute

Say Shelley performs really well finishes 3-0 and beats out Huntley next season. Utah is secure again where does that put Huntley next year?  Also where does that put the backup QB situation going forward?  

Utahute72
      Ute Fan
      @utahute72

I think you’re in a dual QB situation for next year, which is OK if you have mobile QBs as we’ve seen you’ll need both guys to complete a season.

EagleMountainUte
        Ute Fan
        @battlegroundute

Didn’t even think about that and I don’t think they go for that at all. At least I wouldn’t. 

Utahute72
          Ute Fan
          @utahute72

I don’t mean you will see a 50/50 split, but you could see more usage of the number 2 QB in terms of 2-3 series just to keep him sharp.  You might also see more reps for Jayden at various points.

KiYi-Ute
      Ute Fan
      @kiyi-ute

You’re right back in with a battle for #1 in Spring/Fall — which I think would be the best case scenario.

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

I think Huntley could be the best receiver on the team.

3 3

AlohaUte
      Ute Fan
      @alohaute

Huntley has played great this season. IMO, it is his job to lose on the field. He should be the starter next season regardless of how Shelley plays.

UtTroutHunter
        Ute Fan
        @uttrouthunter

I think Huntley is the better qb and will continue to be once he is healthy next year. I think we are going to find out this weekend that Shelley can’t pass at a D1 level. 

2 1

UteManX
          Ute Fan
          @utemanx

Tyler will certainly be the starter next season, assuming it all goes well this week. Jason is far more capable than given credit. You will see. Everyone will be happy his performance come Saturday evening.

EagleMountainUte
          Ute Fan
          @battlegroundute

Shelley’s decisions looked slow. He isn’t slow but just looked slow on the field decisions wise. Especially with the Reads. 

Tony (admin)
            Admin/Founder
            @admin

To be expected.

EagleMountainUte
              Ute Fan
              @battlegroundute

It hasn’t just been ASU game it is all of his playing time. 

fosternano
      Ute Fan
      @fosternano

With all the read options I would expect both qbs to play next year due to one of them being injured again mid season

Viewing 5 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football So what is the future with Shelley and Huntley now?