Some push back from Walton of all people on the fUCLA move to Big 10.

Viewing 2 reply threads

EagleMountainUte
      Ute Fan
      @battlegroundute

Jon Wilner article published on KSL.

“I don’t believe that joining the Big 10 is in the best interest of UCLA, its students, its athletes, its alumni, its fans, the rest of the UC system, the State of California, or the world at large,” wrote Walton, one of the most iconic athletes in Pac-12 history and an NBA Hall of Famer.

I am not a fan of the guy when he broadcasts but he does have some good points to be made. 

dystopiamembrane
      Ute Fan
      @dystopiamembrane

I am a complete fan of Bill Walton, deeply good person – brilliant, positive, whimsical, and a fan of the Grateful Dead. One can’t ask for more.

dystopiamembrane
        Ute Fan
        @dystopiamembrane

jamarcus24
        Ute Fan
        @jamarcus24

Are these your words or Bill’s words?

Charlie
        Ute Fan
        @charlie

I must admire any school that has such a alum that is both deeply proud of their school while coming from a collection of the top 1% all time. As for the conference, I am not aware of a more animated supporter. As an announcer he has a range of interest off topic of the game that bother many but he is a voice that you would welcome in your corner. It is hard to disagree with his viewpoint.

EagleMountainUte
          Ute Fan
          @battlegroundute

Agreed. I admire his passion. Especially for basketball but I do not enjoy how he talks about it during a game. I prefer play by play…with some side comments about the play relevant to the actual play. Something you can not get at all these days.

BoiseUTE
      Ute Fan
      @slarson150

Bill is a pretty cool guy have seen him and talked with him a number of times riding his bike is SoCal during the Tour of California Pro bike races when they were happening down there. Also interesting seeing a guy that big riding a bike on the road, he would ride a number of the routes of the tour before or after the pro’s. Also nice and friendly. Also same seeing Mark Eaton up in the Park City area as well, miss that guy.

utefansince79
        Ute Fan
        @utefansince79

Sometimes watching a game when Utah is having a rough game, Bill’s rambling can help get my mind of the team’s struggles.   But he can get on one’s nerves sometimes.   

Viewing 2 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Pac-12 Some push back from Walton of all people on the fUCLA move to Big 10.