Sounds like Randle is getting some reps

Viewing 6 reply threads

ProudUte
      Ute Fan
      @proudute

Whitt said last night that Randle is now getting some reps at RB. I am not sure if he will get any playing time, but if someone else goes down – he will have to play.

Anfernee
      Ute Fan
      @anfernee

*when someone else 😵‍💫

chinngiskhaan
      Ute Fan
      @chinngiskhaan

Unless Glover is unbelievably durable, he is going to get hurt eventually. Might not be a bad injury, but he will almost certainly miss some time. Seems like almost all starting running backs get hurt at some point every year.

1 1

DrahtUte
        Ute Fan
        @drahtute

I think you’re right. Although the one silver-lining to Jaylon going down with minimal contact so often is that he doesn’t put himself at as much risk for injury. As Whitt mentioned, he does seem to have that knack for avoiding big hits.

Jim Vanderhoof
      Ute Fan
      @jvhoofs

Randle is 6’0 176 lbs. Unless he runs a 4.3-4.4 40 we drop down to 1 yard and a cloud of dust. Seems like we don’t change the offense to spread the field and utilize our speed and lack of size.

Offense is designed for Cam and JJ. Backups have completely different skill sets. Maybe Randle will surprise us. I don’t see NJ and Randle being able to take to many hits.

2008 National Champ
        Ute Fan
        @cptmrgn05

RB weight is an overrated measurable. Being able to avoid hits is still preferable to delivering them.

For comparison, Nate Johnson is under 2 bills and people want him to carry it on every play.

Yergensen
      Ute Fan
      @yergensen

It really doesn’t matter whether a guy is getting 1 or 2 yards ramming into the wall. It’s producing 7 points per game. Randle is a playmaker who ran well between the tackles in HS. He’s a one cut and go style runner. I’m hoping these are more indications that we’re going to use our speed and athleticism and go around the wall once in awhile.

DataUte
        Ute Fan
        @scotwaye

Agree. The best RBs are patient for the hole, then cut and go. There is a smashmouth style, but better for short yardage. Question is can we complete some passes so teams don’t stack the box AND then OL makes some gaps to run through

Ghost of the HEB
      Ute Fan
      @deseretgentlman

JJ is currently expected to play, so Randle will likely be RB3 vs Cal given the Curry and Vincent injuries.

RustyShackleford
      Ute Fan
      @shakyute13

Really missing Ty Jordan

Viewing 6 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Sounds like Randle is getting some reps