Sounds like Troy is separating himself from Tyler

Viewing 5 reply threads

UtahSig
      Ute Fan
      @utahsig

I listened to a couple of interviews after practice yesterday. Whitt talked about the QB race a little bit. One thing about Whitt, he is a little reserved, but he tells the truth. He said Troy was doing really nice things, making good decisions and had the highest completions percentage. Had nice things to say about Tyler, said Cooper is not gaining on either of them.

I think I read this in a Goon article (I could be wrong) but there was a quote where Troy was saying this system is much better than last years. I am hoping we can do some good things this year with a Senior QB and a offense that makes more sense to the players.

What do you think the QB order will be come the last week of August? 

Utah
      Ute Fan
      @utah

I would love for a QB to seperate themselves and win the job this spring. 

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

I’d like to see a Utah QB separate himself from the PAC-12 QB’s.

BD
      Ute Fan
      @flyfisherman

I think I read this in a Goon article (I could be wrong) but there was a quote where Troy was saying this system is much better than last years.

From the tribune article: “The scheme that we were running last year wasn’t the best, but we tried to make the most of it,” Williams said. “The scheme we have this year is real quarterback-friendly, the wide receivers have a lot more opportunities to make plays, and when the pocket breaks down, we’re doing a lot better job of scrambling drill and coming back to the ball. I feel I have a lot more to put on the table this year.”

http://www.sltrib.com/sports/5113229-155/utah-football-young-guns-getting-reps

UtahSig
        Ute Fan
        @utahsig

@flyfisherman thanks for finding the quote I was too lazy to.

Utahute72
          Ute Fan
          @utahute72

He was quite positive about it on the sports last night.

Duhwayne
      Ute Fan
      @duhwayne

I have been meaning to post this, but if I were Whitt I wouldn’t play Bateman unless he is head and shoulders better. It’s a single year and it’s not the message to send local recruits that they can come back and play if they go to a bigger brand and come back. Utah needs to be its own destination. Tyler picked us over everyone else and he had great options. If Tyler is competitive with him then Bateman should sit.

ironman1315
      Ute Fan
      @ironman1315

I wonder how much of this close fight is close and how much is just coach speak.

Also, wow about the system comment. I mean we all knew it but to hear it said? Crazy.

Viewing 5 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Sounds like Troy is separating himself from Tyler