Speaking of Soccer

Viewing 1 reply thread

pedro
      Ute Fan
      @pedro

My son played keeper in HS and was offered over 20 scholys coming out.  I only say that to point out that I’ve watch a lot of amateur soccer games in my life and paid particular attention to the defensive side of the game for obvious reasons.  Having said that, I do not claim to be a soccer expert, thus my question……

I normally don’t like to call out players, but in this case I just have to.  Why does RSL or even the US team like Justin Glad?  I just don’t get it.  His rookie year he impressed me big time.  Since he has done nothing but unimpress.  I’ve seen HS players with better technique and decision making.  Obviously I’m missing something.  He seems, IMHO, to constantly hurt his team by being out of position, making dumbheaded plays or just plain getting beat.  Someone help me see it…..?

Dresden_Stormblessed
      Ute Fan
      @dresden

Can’t say that I know anything about soccer or defense. I know that he was getting serious USMNT attention in his early years but recently has been disappointing. He hasn’t been able to get that extra ten or fifteen pounds of muscle and has a lot of mental mistakes. He’s the best we can get now though.

Viewing 1 reply thread

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Professional Sports Speaking of Soccer