Spence Checketts

Viewing 5 reply threads
      3 1

Anfernee
      Ute Fan
      @anfernee

“The Drive with Spence Checketts” from 2-6 coming to ESPN 700 apparently.

10 3

Hellhound152
      Ute Fan
      @hellhound152

Is he going to do it at .16?

Tednab
        Ute Fan
        @tednab

“The Drive with Spence Checketts “ lol dam .. .. in all seriousness , I actually like his insight and hope he’s doing well . Dude has gotten more second chances then most

GunthersRevenge
      Ute Fan
      @eldonbkimball

Did Gunther and Ben get moved to another time slot or did they get fired again?

1 1

EagleMountainUte
      Ute Fan
      @battlegroundute

I am shocked this guy is employed again and again. Maybe he worked a chauffeur into his contract this time. 

1 5

UteThunder
        Ute Fan
        @utethunder

Why shouldn’t he be employed? 

How have we devolved as a society to the point that if someone does something wrong in their personal life that public opinion is such that the individual should lose their job and never work again?

5 1

EagleMountainUte
          Ute Fan
          @battlegroundute

Well that is largely subjective. I don’t think life should be free from consequence. Especially when your ass is to blame. Especially when you do it repeatedly something as easy as calling an Uber. Especially when DUIs kill so many people. As much outrage that is in the country over current bulls**t. You think we would be equally outraged over dui deaths. Something that is 100% preventable. 

Oh yeah on average every day in America 30 people die in drunk driving crashes.  Around 10k a year lose their lives to a pretty senseless preventable act. 

UteThunder
            Ute Fan
            @utethunder

“I don’t think life should be free from consequence.”

That’s what our criminal justice system is for! Spence was given the consequences for his bad acts and he lost his previous job to boot. But I guess that’s not enough for some people. 

Any time someone breaks the law, there are many in our society who want to take an additional pound of flesh beyond what the legal system takes. It is sickening.

1 1

EagleMountainUte
              Ute Fan
              @battlegroundute

So what will he say the next time a sports athlete is in trouble with the law?  I have heard what Mr Checketts has said on others “mistakes”.
              Also yes certain jobs demand a certain amount of credibility. I don’t find his opinions credible when he can’t make a simple decision of drinking responsibly. I never said he SHOULDN’T be employed. I just refuse to listen to him and I am amazed people think it will be different.

1 1

UtMtBiker
              Ute Fan
              @utmtbiker

In this case, it’s the special treatment that rubs people the wrong way. When Daddy’s buddy is your new boss’s boss and nobody else would have got the same shot…its kind of bulls**t.

Staples
      Ute Fan
      @staples

I’ll definitely at least give this a listen, something I’ve done less and less of when it comes to local sports radio as of late. In my opinion Checketts and Riley were the best pairing in Utah radio so bringing him back to 700 is intriguing.

Rick
      Ute Fan
      @rickyrules

As long as he doesn’t bring in Shepard Smith I am good.  I will miss Gunther and Ben but ratings are ratings and Big Show was likely kicking their asses.

Viewing 5 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Misc Spence Checketts