Stanford’s WR Ayonamanor

Viewing 6 reply threads
      4 1

EagleMountainUte
      Ute Fan
      @battlegroundute

294 yards and 3 touchdowns….more points than Utah’s offense in 8 quarters of Football.

I go to bed bad mouthing Troy Taylor as well. So maybe if I bad mouth Utah enough we get some offense?

MotherJabubu
      Ute Fan
      @motherjabubu

13 reception 294 yards 3 TD

highlights are insane to watch. legendary game

The Miami Ute
      Ute Fan
      @themiamiute

I went to bed at halftime thinking that Colorado was going to drop 50+ points on Furd and woke up to this. Just can’t believe that, as inept as Furd looked in the first half, they came back to win the game. Definitely will have to watch the highlights on YouTube.

2008 National Champ
        Ute Fan
        @cptmrgn05

between all the flags, the 5 minute commercial breaks and the DJ it was a painful watch but worth it in the end. make sure you get a condensed version

1 1

EagleMountainUte
        Ute Fan
        @battlegroundute

It will just make you jealous and in a bad way. Envy is awful for me this year. The Utah defense doesn’t deserve this season.

2 1

The Miami Ute
          Ute Fan
          @themiamiute

Eagle, you a fan of Monty Python? This is what the Utah offense remind me of:

Monty Python – The Black Knight – Tis But A Scratch

2 1

EagleMountainUte
            Ute Fan
            @battlegroundute

I felt like giving Utah a pass a lot because of injuries. After waking up to that Stanford 46 point comeback I am just sick of it. TT is bad. Stanford is bad. Colorado defense isn’t very good. So no excuses. Score points Ludwig.

1 1

2008 National Champ
      Ute Fan
      @cptmrgn05

It’s amazing what can happen when you make it a priority to get your playmakers the ball, even on simple slants and drags. Not every drop back needs 5 seconds for a receiver to come open to be successful as Washington proves every week.

Ayomanor was .8633 in the composite which is about average for the Utah receivers and made the #1 recruit in 2022 class look like he was playing in cement shoes. There are players in the Utah WR room that can do the same if ever given the opportunity to do more than block.

Charlie
        Ute Fan
        @charlie

There is so much more to the story than this. He was not rated high like Alex Smith and Eric Weddle but last night he was better than 5*s. I expect him to be very good but last night he was covered in man by a two way player that seemed to enjoy the offensive part of the game and was a step slow from an injury to play both ways. Add in a few plays that may not ever happen again, add in Colorado’s defense. I also like our young WRs and want to see them more, however, last night was truly an adnominally until I see it repeated again. Will Ayonamanor have another game like that? Maybe great games but not that. Will Hunter get picked apart again like that? Probably not, likely adjustments to number of plays in two way assignments. The lack of adjustment by Colo. may not be repeated by most Pac coaches. Ayonamanor is quite a find, an Alex Smith level find by Furd.

2008 National Champ
          Ute Fan
          @cptmrgn05

most players, no matter what the level put up 13 catches for 294.

The point is, if you don’t give someone the chance to do that, they never will. Prior to today’s game, the Utah offense has been so risk averse that 90% of those throws would have never have happened. Yes, the quality of Colorado’s D leaves something to be desired, but you have to be willing to throw a pass before the receiver makes his break for those plays to work.

I’m not asking for a tidal change in the way Utah does business, but at the same time, I’d love to see the leash loosened a bit.

1 1

22Ute22
      Ute Fan
      @utedagoat

So genuinely what’s the excuse for our pathetic play? People like to say “talent” but Ayomanor is an 87 rated player by 247. WSU’s WR’s that lit up OSU were in the 87-88 range. Cal lit up OSU and they don’t have elite rated players. I feel like our fanbase has been gaslit into believing our WR’s are just the worst of the worst. Our WR talent ratings aren’t much farther behind most P5 teams, yet they consistently underperform. We have to start pointing the finger at development and coaching philosophy/scheme.

EagleMountainUte
        Ute Fan
        @battlegroundute

Reality of Whitt is he expects WR to block and QB’s to not screw up. I think they recruit well. Carrington comes in and it easily the best WR Utah has had on the field during the P12 era. Gordon who never saw the field and Covey being second.
        Utah at QB clearly has talent. They bring it in. Huntley is probably the best of this Era. Rising accomplished more but I wouldn’t put it all on him. Rising had so many more advantages over Huntley.

I think the offense is going to improve. But if Whitt can’t turn it around I really wonder if he should ride off into retirement finally. Which sucks because after he hangs it up. I am not confident either.

22Ute22
          Ute Fan
          @utedagoat

He doesn’t even need to hang it up. He just needs to do what Es Orgeron did at LSU, who was a very similar coach to Whitt, as in run the ball and control the clock. He hired Joe Brady to revamp the passing game and completely let him do his thing, and it won him a natty with possibly the greatest team in CFB history. An old dog can learn new tricks, it’s just very difficult.

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

That touchdown catch he had was insane 

EagleMountainUte
        Ute Fan
        @battlegroundute

The back shoulder and 97 yard one was so poorly defended.

2008 National Champ
          Ute Fan
          @cptmrgn05

and yet, plays like those are available every week in college football. if only you take the chance

chinngiskhaan
      Ute Fan
      @chinngiskhaan

Hunter was gassed the entire second half. The plays the WR made were nice, but Hunter was absolutely exhausted. WR was playing against a dummy basically.

2008 National Champ
        Ute Fan
        @cptmrgn05

they both were. And Hunter didn’t play him the whole second half. Hunter only matched up once it got to a one score game.

There was one play where both drunk-stumbled back to the huddles. Neither team left anything on the field and Ayonamor got the best of Colorado, no matter who was covering him.

chinngiskhaan
          Ute Fan
          @chinngiskhaan

The difference is one was an important piece on both sides of the ball… Stanford’s WR didn’t play defense, did he?

Viewing 6 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Stanford’s WR Ayonamanor