Stat to Know

Viewing 8 reply threads

The Miami Ute
      Ute Fan
      @themiamiute

The Washington Huskies have now won eight straight games by 10 points or fewer. That’s the longest streak ever by a ranked team in the AP poll era. Who here thinks that streak is obliterated next Friday night in Vegas?

Milton Vanderslice
      Ute Fan
      @miltonvanderslice

I believe Oregon will win because I think they have the better all-around team. I also won’t be shocked if UW wins which is why we play the game.

MTUTE
      Ute Fan
      @mtute

They are an interesting case to me. I want to think Oregon is going to beat them, but I am not sure they will. I think the Huskies are a team that either plays up or down depending on their competition each week. Either way, it’s going to be a great game and I look forward to seeing it.

Utah
      Ute Fan
      @utah

If Oregon comes out focused and thinking they will lose, Oregon will win big.

If Oregon thinks they will blow UW out, then it will be a close game.

HPrete22
      Ute Fan
      @hprete22

it could be a situation similar to last year, where everyone thought utah would get trucked by usc in the rematch

2008 National Champ
      Ute Fan
      @cptmrgn05

What I’m hearing is that they’ve found a way to win those 8 straight games. If you go back through their 19 game winning streak, 13 of those games are by 10 points or less.

Seems like a weird cutoff point to say they are overrated though. UW played a tougher conference schedule than Oregon and beat Oregon/Oregon State 4 times in that streak.

homer
      Ute Fan
      @homer

I read Penix has a rib injury. He didn’t play well Saturday.

CityCreekUte
      Ute Fan
      @citycreekute

Well the other undefeated team FSU has been behind in like half their games. I think for both it’s eerily like last year with TCU who managed to pull out win after win in some way shape or form. And what would happen in the playoff.

But I think it’s unlikely they are going to beat Oregon twice.

ayoriver
      Ute Fan
      @ayoriver

I think Oregon got cute in that game in Seattle and they paid the price. I think UW manages points because their offense is just plain good, but I don’t think their defense stops OU offense and it’s a two score win. 38-24, something like that.

Viewing 8 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Stat to Know