Swamp Lodging?

Viewing 6 reply threads

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

Anyone have any good info on lodging in the Swamp? It is proving to be… challenging to find something reasonable. 

ProudUte
      Ute Fan
      @proudute

I’m staying in the Orlando area and driving up to the game.

Tony (admin)
        Admin/Founder
        @admin

Yeah my base will be Tampa and either a cesna flight up or 2 hour drive each way. Considering getting a room near the game, but that’s not panning out well yet. 

ProudUte
          Ute Fan
          @proudute

I looked at Gainsville.  But, it is not a big city.  Many people (including Florida fans) travel into Gainsville for the games.  Consequently, finding a reasonably priced hotel on game weekends is difficult.

Charlie
      Ute Fan
      @charlie

I will be coming in from the coast for game day. I don’t expect to have much in common with the crowd in Gainesville and there are other parts of Florida that are so much more interesting.

prestitute
      Ute Fan
      @prestitute

I ended up at the Aloft about a mile off campus. I think there is a Comfort Inn there,.too, but yeah, prices already suck. I ended up booking mine with points as it made more sense. 

prestitute
        Ute Fan
        @prestitute

Also, I am making my trip solo, so Tony, shoot me a boardmail if you are just looking for a place to crash one night. If you can deal with my snoring and you are only in a party of 2-3, I may have space. The friends I thought would want to come ended up not asking it, and the Mrs. wasn’t crazy about the idea of all the flying for a game.

Distantute
      Ute Fan
      @distantute

Staying at drury inn. Overpriced but not far away. Booked it a few months ago.

BoiseUTE
      Ute Fan
      @slarson150

We are staying at a Residence Inn in Ocala like 30 miles away since I couldn’t find anything in Gainesville. We spend our last night at Aloft in Gainesville to be close to the airport since we have like a 5:30am flight on Monday. No issues getting a room after the game.

GameForAnyFuss
      Ute Fan
      @gameforanyfuss

I’m staying at one of my cousin Mario’s trap houses in Gainesville.

Viewing 6 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Swamp Lodging?