Tabo too??

Viewing 4 reply threads

Ghost of the HEB
      Ute Fan
      @deseretgentlman

D T
      Ute Fan
      @azute1

Actually not surprising if he had designs on early playing time w/the successful Spring for fellow newcomers Barton/Medlock…..Kid wants on the field immediately…..Good luck to him.

Onlyu
        Ute Fan
        @uf8fl

Yep…Reid and J Calvert are Soph’s and E Calvert is a RS Freshman too. Hayden Furey also has time left so playing time wasn’t gonna happen quickly for him, if at all, at LB.

Yergensen
          Ute Fan
          @yergensen

@OnlyU help me understand this. With Jaylon Glover you indicated that coaching staff weighs demonstrated talent over seniority for pecking order and playing time. With Tabo I think you’re implying the opposite. I have a hard time believing KReid and Furey are more talented/athletic than Tabo. Thanks as always.

Central Coast Ute
            Ute Fan
            @flip2848

My two cents. RB is an easier position to transition from HS to college to than LB.

Onlyu
            Ute Fan
            @uf8fl

Not just seniority…Eric Weddle, Ty Jordan and Jaylon Glover, etc., are guys that didn’t/don’t act young and are game ready the day they step on campus. Even Cole Bishop took a full camp and like 5 games before he broke in and I think he’s a sure fire pro.

So a guy like Furey who has talent, experience and confidence isn’t going to get passed by a younger guy still trying to figure out WTH he’s doing out there based simply on talent alone. If they’re making mistakes constantly or can’t play fast they won’t play.

Bam is a physical freak but couldn’t put the mental part of the game together and get on the field until his 3rd year in the program.

Talent is critical and the ability to process, learn and react without thinking usually comes from experience. Usually takes time for it to come together but when it doesn’t it’s typically special. Glover is special.

Yergensen
              Ute Fan
              @yergensen

Thanks. So, any insight as to why Tabo pulled the plug so early. Was it simply he wants to start or play this year or is it something else?

Onlyu
                Ute Fan
                @uf8fl

Just think he was behind 5ish guys at LB and 4ish guys at TE with more coming next cycle. He knew what he was coming into but I guess he thought he’d be a little higher on the depth chart and probably realized how long this process could actually take before he was in the mix.

They were working him at h back in an effort to get his talent on the field sooner but my guess is he wants to play LB.

AZUTE
      Ute Fan
      @azute

He was secretly take snaps at FB/HB during spring because of all the depth at LB. He actually scored a TD during the second spring scrimmage.

This is a good problem to have.

kazute
      Ute Fan
      @kazute

The freshman new recruits are the transfers I am “saddest” about: Tabaracci and Peppins.

I was looking forward to watching these guys and to see what they could add. It feels like unrealized potential. But for all the transfers, I appreciate them choosing Utah and understand they make the best decisions for themselves.

I know that Kyle has mentioned many times that he is planning on transfers, almost like they need them to open scholarships to fill immediate needs. But I don’t think he was referring to the new commits.

concerned
      Ute Fan
      @concerned

Peppins was homesick b/c he has a baby at home. He never told anyone during recruiting that he was or was about to become a father. They tried but couldnt work out having the mother and child meove here.

Utesby1
        Ute Fan
        @garykennedy

Of the 8 freshmen who arrived early, we already lost two of them. Don’t like to see this happen. Our coaches need to figure out what we need to do differently next year.

Viewing 4 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.