The Rose Bowl Travel Thread:

Viewing 6 reply threads

alUmnUs
      Ute Fan
      @alumnus

Thought maybe it’d be nice to have a general thread where people can share any good ideas and/or deals they’re seeing for travel plans to LA.

1 8

dystopiamembrane
      Ute Fan
      @dystopiamembrane

SoCal is losing its fight against smog. Be cautious with your family’s health on the trip. CM-7M

RedRocks
        Ute Fan
        @hypodactylus

Hey, that almost looks like the air around here this time of year 😉.  From one smog cloud to another!

UTUTE
        Ute Fan
        @utute

Thanks dystopia… very helpful

alUmnUs
      Ute Fan
      @alumnus

Driving to/from Highland, UT and Las Vegas.

12/28: Flying from Vegas to Orange County (Frontier currently has $17 airfares for two different AM/PM options)

1/2: Flying from Long Beach to Vegas ($49 Southwest fare. SW still has some sub-$100 and low-$100 fares between Burbank/OC/LAX and Vegas)

Hotels and home rentals look pretty expensive across the board. 

If you’re a Marriott person, there are much more affordable hotel deals in areas around LAX and southward to Orange County.

I’ll have young kids in tow, and so Disneyland was in play until I went to their website and saw that no tickets are available until January. Not too sad about it. We’ll bum it at the beach for 3 or 4 days.

SkinyUte
      Ute Fan
      @skinyute

We’ll be cutting it kinda close, driving down on the 31st and back on the 2nd.  I would have loved to stay longer, but we’re leaving the kids with the grandparents, and they can only handle so much chaos (8 year old twin boys).

We’re staying at the Hampton Inn Burbank Airport, which Google tells me is 13 miles away.  We’ll be headed to the stadium early on the 1st to soak in the atmosphere.  I’m sure traffic getting there will be nutso, but we’ll leave ourselves plenty of time.

fosternano
      Ute Fan
      @fosternano

I’m guessing parking is going to be a nightmare with the rose parade. Any tips on where to park?

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

I’m driving to Primm, NV on Thurs. Then down to Pasadena Friday the 31st. Staying in an air bnb about 15 min away from the Rose Bowl. I’m doing the gauntlet on the way home, straight through from Pasadena to SLC on Sunday the 2nd.  Will probably stop in Vegas to rest and eat. 

Utah5410
      Ute Fan
      @utah5410

SLC To vegas on the 31st – Fly to Burbank. Stay in Glendale. Fly back to vegas and then drive home on the second. Vegas is cheap.

Viewing 6 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football The Rose Bowl Travel Thread: