The running game is not near good enough.

Viewing 4 reply threads

cbmute
      Ute Fan
      @cbmute

My biggest concern about this game it showed, that outside of Huntley, Utah doesn’t have a good enough running back. Or if Moss is good enough he really needs to it step up.

cbmute
      Ute Fan
      @cbmute

All other issues with the team to me seem correctable, but I’m not sure we have the horses for a good running game this year. I hope I’m wrong. 

MauchDawgUte
        Ute Fan
        @mauchdawgute

We are missing shine too.  I am hopeful it will improve once he returns.

cbmute
          Ute Fan
          @cbmute

Good point.  He seemed better than Moss last year. Do we know when he is expected back?

MauchDawgUte
            Ute Fan
            @mauchdawgute

All I heard was he would be back before pac play started.

jamarcus24
      Ute Fan
      @jamarcus24

A big problem with the run game tonight was we were trying to run Moss to the perimeter instead of between the tackles.  We didn’t utilize him very well.  That and Huntley kept the ball a lot instead of giving it.  Last week did a good job of just handing the ball to Moss and letting him run downhill.  Tonight not so much.

ladyinred
        Ute Fan
        @ladyinred

Agree with this 100%. I’m high on Moss still. He played well against tds last year too.

cbmute
        Ute Fan
        @cbmute

I agree Huntley keep it too much. But why are they running Moss so much outside? Is it because they know he is not good enough up the middle. Thats what I wonder. 

rbmw263
      Ute Fan
      @rbmw263

Byu strength is their front 7 to be fair. 

cbmute
        Ute Fan
        @cbmute

They do have a good front seven. But outside of Huntley we ran for less than 30 yards. Thats not good enough whether or not they are good up front. 

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

Some of that blame is on the O line.

Viewing 4 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football The running game is not near good enough.