There was a play in the 2nd half last night…

Viewing 8 reply threads

Larry B
      Ute Fan
      @larryb

Where USC had a bad snap and it appeared from my seat, and on the jumbo screen that the QB had his knee down as he gained control of the ball. The crowd was going nuts because it wasn’t even reviewed.

Did any of you see an angle that showed he wasn’t down?

darklightning
      Ute Fan
      @darklightning

I was at the game also. Definitely looked down on the replay. 

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

Same here. 

TheNuschler
      Ute Fan
      @thenuschler

The play occurred right in front of me, his knee was down and video was pretty clear. At that point we were giving the Trojan a full beat down so it didn’t seem to bother me as much. It feels good to give the Trojan a full beat down.

PlainsUte
      Ute Fan
      @plainsute

I remember that play.  Teevee replay showed his knee was close but did not touch. Announcers said something similar happened in a previous game when his knee touched and apparently he learned his lesson from it.

noneyadb
      Ute Fan
      @noneyadb

He didn’t have possession of the ball when his knee touched. Should have been reviewed but that “third party” declined review.

Anonymous
      Ute Fan
      @anonymous

Watched it on TV, his knee was not down when he got possession of the ball. In fact, just watched it again, his knee never did touch the ground.

Central Coast Ute
      Ute Fan
      @flip2848

On TV the replay showed his knee was not down.

darklightning
      Ute Fan
      @darklightning

Just watched the game on TV. They didn’t show the full replay on TV. The replay stopped just before his knee touched the ground before he handed it off. I still say definitely down. Not that it matters now, but it was a missed call. 

MussMan
        Ute Fan
        @mussman

Just watched the game on TV. They didn’t show the full replay on TV. The replay stopped just before his knee touched the ground before he handed it off. I still say definitely down. Not that it matters now, but it was a missed call.

This.

His knee definitely was down as he was handing the ball off. The announcers were asking about it, and the replay stopped before his knee went down, so they concluded incorrectly that he wasn’t down. I went back and watched the play as it happened again, and he was down. It should have been reviewed and reversed.

Viewing 8 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football There was a play in the 2nd half last night…