This issue is tearing my community apart

Viewing 6 reply threads
      2 13

User Suspended
      @a2ute

No more than 12 miles seperates patchoulie oil smelling liberals from assault rifle militia  trumpters- I live inbetween these two two groups….

This past Friday my kids school district sent this hilarous email.( see below).  My questions to you – what side do you fall on?  Both sides are over the top worked up on this little incident. 

Dear xxx Families,

Some days, small-town living presents unusual challenges. Today is one of those. We are writing to let you know about an incident you may hear about from your students or neighbors.

Today during morning arrival, a deer was struck by a private vehicle and injured on xxx near the xxx Community Schools Bus Hub. The seriously wounded animal entered the Bus Hub where students were being dropped off for school. In an attempt to quickly put the suffering animal out of its pain, a member of our transportation team instinctively drove over the deer to end its suffering. Members of our Buildings and Grounds team quickly disposed of the remains. Regrettably, some students witnessed one or more of these unfortunate events this morning. All students are safe. 

The decision to drive over the animal in the presence of children is absolutely not a course of action we condone and we greatly regret that it happened. We understand that this situation is likely to be quite upsetting for students, parents, and staff who witnessed or heard about it. However, we hope that everyone concerned can understand that the driver made a very human mistake out of compassion for the animal. We have addressed the situation with our staff.  

– xxx Community Schools

GameForAnyFuss
      Ute Fan
      @gameforanyfuss

Take this post to utefans… I’m sure they’ll be happy to dissect it for the next 3 days. 

14 1

sweetgrass
      Ute Fan
      @sweetgrass

You gave up on the team last week. Maybe you should make yourself scarce for a bit.

It was a bad weekend for the Whitt haters

9 1

ironman1315
        Ute Fan
        @ironman1315

Or at least eat some crow.

TheNuschler
      Ute Fan
      @thenuschler

Rule #2 – Double Tap

ironman1315
      Ute Fan
      @ironman1315

But to answer I’m a big meh. Doesn’t matter.

3 2

Utahute72
      Ute Fan
      @utahute72

Two comments

1. True assault rifles are illegal in the U.S.

2. It struck me that 50 years ago most children had some experience with farms and ranches, where the death of animals was common place. We have now reached the point where people are so overly sensitive about death that it’s difficult to not see a psychologically damaged citizenry.

MussMan
        Ute Fan
        @mussman

1. True assault rifles are illegal in the U.S.

Actually, they aren’t illegal. They aren’t easy or inexpensive to get anymore, but they aren’t illegal. Manufacturers can’t sell them to civilians anymore, but those that were made before 1987 are still circulating.

gUrthBrooks
      Ute Fan
      @hammer

Almost 0% of the population in the US owns an assault rifle.

User Suspended
        @a2ute

maybe near 0% legally.  Guess you aren’t familiar with the Michigan militia….a very “passionate” tribe to say the least.

gUrthBrooks
          Ute Fan
          @hammer

With the Michigan militia and whoever else, nearly 0%

Viewing 6 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Misc This issue is tearing my community apart