This petition to ban BYU from NCAA because they are anti-gay is gaining traction

Viewing 5 reply threads
      1 14

Alan Stanwyk
      @alanstanwykprovo

Utesbyfive
      Ute Fan
      @utesbyfive

Well, it is what it is. I know the NCAA is a private organization, and so i is BYU. They are each entitled to set their own rules for association under the first amendment, as long as they’re not accepting federal funding.

I certainly don’t understand the legal issues that well, but obviously any attempt to so this, would be met with legal action. Such a case would drag in for a long time, but it seems like it would maybe a precedent setting case.

Are Change.org petitions ever effective though?

Ute Dub
        Ute Fan
        @chestercopperpot

Yeah. What education opportunities are withheld from LGBTQ+ people at BYU that are available to others? Any?

PlainsUte
        Ute Fan
        @plainsute

Are you saying BYU doesn’t receive Federal funding?  Because they do.  If they have students on Federal grants or have Federal funded research projects they get Federal funding and are subject to Title IX, etc.

Brettski
      Ute Fan
      @brettski

Meh. Militant wokism sucks. If you disagree then we must cancel you

dystopiamembrane
      Ute Fan
      @dystopiamembrane

Why is BYU anti-gay?

ALUF
      Ute Fan
      @dbgii77

Dumb.

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

Alan Stanwyk became a member of the site just to post this it would seem. 

Viewing 5 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums They So Poo Poo This petition to ban BYU from NCAA because they are anti-gay is gaining traction