This year's recruits

Viewing 9 reply threads

Double B
      Ute Fan
      @doubleb

I love that we are going after better talent. The risk seems to be that we won’t land anyone this year. Anyone else starting to get nervous about this?

User Suspended
      @a2ute

When has Utah ever really landed better talent? We seem to be stuck in this “diamond in the rough” mode of supposedly overlooked kids or JUCO’s.

Hands down my biggest criticism with the KW regime. Sure, he can coach’m up, but imagine what the Utes could do with with a top 20 class.

Anonymous
        Ute Fan
        @anonymous

Perhaps KW either does not have enough talent to recognize/hire good OC or wants too much control so no good OC wants to come to Utah.

Anonymous
        Inactive

I am confused this is basketball right?

rbmw263
        Ute Fan
        @rbmw263

Unless you are an elite program, you arent getting getting those classes at a cold weather school.

Hockeybeard
      Ute Fan
      @hockeybeard

Utah has a massive negative credit when it comes to recruiting, even with our basketball history. Unfortunately, this year our coaches tried to capitalize off the Sweet 16 win and have struck out so far. Long ways to go to get our signees, but landing some of those guys who have already committed would have been VERY nice.

Rick
      Ute Fan
      @rickyrules

We have a very senior heavy roster, especially counting Jakob as a senior since he will leave for the draft. I think some of these top kids look at the roster and don’t see a lot of minutes in their first year at Utah. I think if we can get back to the Sweet 16 or better this season things will be different next off season with recruiting due to the amount of vacancies left after graduation.

Anonymous
        Ute Fan
        @anonymous

Aren’t we recruiting for 2016-17?

iamthepreacher
      Ute Fan
      @iamthepreacher

Yes, we are recruiting for 2016-2017. We lose Taylor, Loveridge, Tucker, and likely Poeltl. There will definitely be opportunities for playing time in 2016-2017. I’m surprised we are struggling to get some kids committed. Then again, we seem to be going after the cream of the crop.

Anonymous
      Ute Fan
      @anonymous

We lost another one. Jonah Matthews, a 4* 2016 SG, committed to U$C today.

• This reply was modified 8 years, 6 months ago by Anonymous.

Anonymous
      Ute Fan
      @anonymous

Jayce Johnson, a 4* center, just committed to the U. Picked us over Cal, ASU, CU, Kansas, etc.

palos_verdes_ute
      Ute Fan
      @palos-verdes-ute

Jayce Johnson – 4 star recruit. Saw him play a few times in LA. Doesn’t have the greatest footwork, a bit slow, mid range shooting is not good. But he fills the void inside the paint.

Anonymous
        Ute Fan
        @anonymous

Yah…just saw his mix video. He seems ok. Hope those 4* means he has a lot of upside.

rbmw263
      Ute Fan
      @rbmw263

Dreaming about a Johnson/Markannen frontcourt with Chapman at the 3. Man..

palos_verdes_ute
      Ute Fan
      @palos-verdes-ute

Lost another one…to Arizona

Viewing 9 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Basketball (Men) This year's recruits