Thoughts on Lisk being the backup QB

Viewing 4 reply threads

ProudUte
      Ute Fan
      @proudute

We heard from OnlyU that this was happening.  I admit that I am very surprised.

Thoughts?

If Huntley is down a game or two, will it be Lisk or Shelley?

salty-ute
      Ute Fan
      @salty-ute

Not extremely surprised. If you’ve watched him much in spring ball, you’d know he’s pretty good. Shelly probably has more athletic and running ability. But I’ve been impressed with Lisk over the last couple years with my limited exposure. He has a good arm and makes good reads. I think it’ll be really interesting to see what the QB competition looks like next spring with Lisk as a senior, Rising as the touted recruit, and Shelley as the experienced backup.

alUmnUs
      Ute Fan
      @alumnus

KW talked about it in the post-game. Said Lisk earned the back up spot based on performance during the week and that nobody gets a free pass based on past experience. The rule is perform well to play and the expectation is always to compete for your spot.
      Coach also said Lisk has become an excellent QB.

Tony (admin)
        Admin/Founder
        @admin

Sounds like Shelley dogged it in practice so he had to learn a lesson.

4 1

loyter
      Ute Fan
      @loyter

Pretty much anybody could take 4 snaps and hand the ball off every time. I’d say it’s a big nothing-burger.

jp31
        Ute Fan
        @jp31

Exactly. Lisk may be be the clean-up time backup. But he ain’t the real backup.

X723
      Ute Fan
      @x723

Maybe there putting in some plays for Shelly to be non qb at the start of the play– wide out h back.

Viewing 4 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Thoughts on Lisk being the backup QB