Thoughts on the Rose Bowl matchup from someone who knows nothing

Viewing 4 reply threads
      6 6

chinngiskhaan
      Ute Fan
      @chinngiskhaan

I know basically nothing about football, and basically nothing about Pedo State’s football team. That being said, here are my thoughts.

I looked at the scores for all of their games this year, and all the games they have won, they won pretty soundly. Their last for games (they won all of them) were won by a combined score of 165-30. They played purdue close early in the season and won, and beat Northwestern by only 10, but they only allowed them to score 7. IWO, they played tOSU pretty close (probably, didn’t watch) and got drubbed by Meatchicken. They have played a schedule that is, based on my eyeball test, much more difficult than ours. 

Do I think we (without Kincaid/Kuithe/CPIII) are better than Pedo State? No, I do not. it should be a good game though, and we could win. We obviously aren’t pushovers, and have blown out our fair share of teams… If our offense can get some explosive plays, and our defense can stay focused on the back end without CPIII out there, we will win. If their defense gives Cam problems, we lose in a game similar to the games we lost against Oregon or Florida.

RedUte14
      Ute Fan
      @redute14

besides Michigan and Ohio State, their schedule is pretty bad. The Big Ten is really weak outside of the top 2 or 3 of Penn State, Mich., and tOSU.

UteFanatic
        Ute Fan
        @utefanatic

The strength of schedule shows that. The Big10 is extremely top heavy. 

UteFanatic
      Ute Fan
      @utefanatic

Utah has actually played a more difficult schedule than Penn State per Sagarin:

Utah #40

Penn State #45

If you dive deeper into the stats, the two teams are very similar. Both have top 20 defenses. Utah’s offense is better. But, having Dalton out neutralizes that advantage somewhat. Losing CPIII sucks, but may not end up mattering because Clifford isn’t a prolific passer. Penn State fans constantly complain about him. They like to run the ball, which aligns more with Utah’s strength.

I expect it to be a good game. 

RedUte14
        Ute Fan
        @redute14

yeah should be evenly matched. I see it being below 30 points for each team. Whoever can get the run going aka wins at the line of scrimmage

Utesby1
          Ute Fan
          @garykennedy

Lets face it, we are down two out of our three best players. It is going to take an incredible effort from Rising, Vele, Parks, and Yassmin to stay in the game.

11 2

Ute Dub
      Ute Fan
      @chestercopperpot

FYI – The team Utah is playing had nothing to do with the terrible choices made by Jerry Sandusky in 2002. 

EagleMountainUte
        Ute Fan
        @battlegroundute

Pushing the date to 2002 is a lie and disservice to the institutional corruption that existed at Pedo State. They received practically zero punishment for what went on.

2012 is when Sandusky was convicted. The reality I always say is if they were ok with child diddling monsterand more than happy to cover that up what else did they cover up?

Honesty and trust is almost impossible to reclaim after what they did. Considering the punishment they got being called Pedo State is tame.

7 2

RedUte14
          Ute Fan
          @redute14

Um… blaming an entire university for a few peoples choices. Weird.

Ute Dub
          Ute Fan
          @chestercopperpot

The team Utah is playing had nothing to do with the sexual assault of a minor that Jerry Sandusky did in 2002. None of the coaches, none of the players. I’m sure you would hold up a sign saying “Pedo State” in front of their whole team. GTFO here.

ProudUte
      Ute Fan
      @proudute

chinngiskhaan mentions some truths yet he got a lot of thumbs down.  Penn State has played better towards the end of the season and has dominated teams like shutting out Maryland (30-0) just the week before Maryland nearly upset Ohio State.  Penn State is playing very well right now and the Utes will be without 3 of our 4 top offensive weapons and an AA cornerback.

That all being said the odds-makers give us a small advantage.  Both teams have solid defenses.  The game could come down to that.  I am sure Ludwig will have a game plan that will maximize our talent, i.e., Rising, Jackson, Vele, Parks, Yassmin, and maybe Johnson.

PlainsUte
        Ute Fan
        @plainsute

Both teams like to run first and have great defenses.  I expect a tight, low-scoring, game that may hinge on a turnover.    Utes, feel free to surprise me by busting out some ohfensive production.

CityCreekUte
          Ute Fan
          @citycreekute

It will be a tragedy if this comes down to our bad special teams. 

Viewing 4 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Thoughts on the Rose Bowl matchup from someone who knows nothing