Thoughts on the zebras

Viewing 6 reply threads
      2 1

NarfUte
      Ute Fan
      @narfute

Does anyone have a replay of that targeting? Seemed BS. Also, offside for us causing a false start but when fUCLA did it to us we get called a false start?

The only thing they got right was that blindside pick otherwise they were dogs**t

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

On the targeting our player was leading with the top of his helmet and hit the QB’s chest with it. There didn’t look to be any helmet to helmet contact.

NarfUte
        Ute Fan
        @narfute

Ah, I guess since it was crown to the body of a defenseless player it would be targeting. Live I thought it had to be head or neck to be targeting

89ute
      Ute Fan
      @89ute

Leading with the crown making forcible contact. Nothing to to with head and neck area and nothing to do with defenselsesss. A hit of any kind to the head and neck area on a defensless player is also targeting. Two separate things. So a forearm or shoulder to the head and neck area on a defenseless player will be targeting.

NarfUte
        Ute Fan
        @narfute

Thanks – also apparently their end went into the neutral zone and made our guard jump, which is a false start but our tackle moved into the neutral zone and made their center jump, so it was offside. Even if they were good calls I can’t wait til the Pac 12 refs get sent back to footlocker after this season…

Central Coast Ute
      Ute Fan
      @flip2848

The targeting was a good call. He lead with the crown and struck with it on a defenseless player. Had he been a runner and hit him in the chest the same way, no targeting.

Milton Vanderslice
      Ute Fan
      @miltonvanderslice

The delay of game penalty on the defense was a solid call since it appeared that they were calling out signals that made our lineman react.

The targeting call was the right call, I think we were fortunate that they didn’t tack on a late hit call on the play also. The late hit call would have been close and arguably the wrong call, but it could have easily been made.

I feel that there was a serious holding penalty that was ignored by a ref who was watching it specifically when one of their lineman tackled and held ours down.

NarfUte
        Ute Fan
        @narfute

There was an egregious one where pepa was held I think? Ref stared right at it and ignored. Maybe the same one you’re talking about

5 1

EagleMountainUte
      Ute Fan
      @battlegroundute

You forgot the 12 men on the call flag as well. That was total horses**t. They didn’t allow Utah to substitute after fUCLA did.

Also the many many no calls on holding.
      Barton was getting held most of the game. The only scoring play several holds were missed which lead to the score.

Overall D- officiating as usual. The targeting was a good call.

2 4

UtMtBiker
      Ute Fan
      @utmtbiker

Crown on the helmet and launched. Pretty clear targeting. The procedure stuff is lame and won’t get called in any other conference. Good riddance to the p12 refs. We look s**t without the refs. Grasping for staws to find any reason we sucked any less on offense than we did.

Charlie
        Ute Fan
        @charlie

Little league / HS rule: Hit only what you see, see what you hit. A mistake to learn from. Use a shoulder or lift your chin up. One thing lost in the chaos of the play.

Viewing 6 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Thoughts on the zebras