Thoughts on tomorrow’s game

Viewing 4 reply threads

SkinyUte
      Ute Fan
      @skinyute

My wife and I usually go to the games together, but she can’t go tomorrow.  So I asked my 9-year-old if she wanted to come with me to the “Go Utes” game (she’s called them than since she was tiny).  You should have seen her eyes absolutely light up.  I got a huge hug and a long string of excited “thank you daddy”s.

To be honest, I have zero expectations for the game, and really don’t think I much care what happens.  If Shelly, Shyne, and company find their footing and pull out a win, awesome.  If we get clobbered, oh well.  I like the fact we’re still in the hunt for the P12 South, and will consider anything positive from here on out to just be gravy.  I just don’t have the mental energy to spend bitching about how the team is underperforming, how we should fire coaches, and how we should let the play of 19-year-old kids determine our mental state.  Maybe I’m just getting old, but life’s too short for that crap.  I’ll get excited when we win, be a bit bummed if we lose, but plan on ultimately just enjoying myself.  It’s all about spending some quality time at RES and building the next generation of Utah fans.

That probably makes me a sh**y fan, but…oh well.  I don’t have the energy to worry about that either.  GO UTES!

mokus
      Ute Fan
      @mokus

Same boat, bro. Have fun!

Brichaute49
        Ute Fan
        @brichaute49

Very well said. We could win, we may not. In either case what better way to spend a Sat afternoon at RES cheering for your favorite team. Who knows…we may be pleasantly surprised. Go Utes!!! 

Red Dawn
      Ute Fan
      @ranger15

Dude! You’re not a sh**ty fan. You are the kind of fan I want to sit by and discuss the game with. Life is too short to let a game of sport affect how happy or miserable you should be. Enjoy the time with your daughter and cheer loud when things go well. Never apologize for having perspective. Utah games are best attended with family, even when they lose, and even when you have to spend $30+ on snacks and drinks to keep the kids interested

Utahute72
      Ute Fan
      @utahute72

This game will be interesting. We all think it will be a major issue not to have Moss and Huntley. But we have been hearing how much better recruiting is, and how it’s building depth. So this game will be a bit of a “shos me” game. Here’s hoping the the coaching staff is up to the challenge.

SkinyUte
      Ute Fan
      @skinyute

So my daughter leaned over midway through the game tonight and told me that behind Christmas and Halloween, coming to Utah games are her favorite day of the year. I’d say that’s a success. 🙂

And DAMN, that was a fun game to watch. Proud of this team tonight, that was one hell of an effort.

Viewing 4 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Thoughts on tomorrow’s game