Ticket revenue?

Viewing 2 reply threads

ProudUte
      Ute Fan
      @proudute

BYU has 10,000 more seats than RES. They are saying that this leads to much more revenue for them. I am not so sure. I believe our ticket prices are much higher. Does anyone know how much money we make a football game in ticket sales. I would estimate that we make about $10 million per home game in ticket sales alone (including mandatory donations). That would be an average of about $190 per ticket. Of course, we don’t get much for the student tickets, so maybe that’s high.

DataUte
      Ute Fan
      @scotwaye

$12.1M for all of 2022 for football.

Total revenue was $115M. $28M from media rights. TDS had athletic rev of about $75M (just our FB program brings that in) and will be last in Big 12 while we are around 4ish with KSU, ASU, and UA ahead of us.

2022 financial report

Dresden_Stormblessed
        Ute Fan
        @dresden

Username checks out.

Tony (admin)
        Admin/Founder
        @admin

Does that include Crimson Club? Sure seems low.

ProudUte
          Ute Fan
          @proudute

Way too low.

UtMtBiker
          Ute Fan
          @utmtbiker

I would think Crimson club is not ticket revenue as its a charitable donation and not taxable.

2 1

krindor
      Ute Fan
      @krindor

Most recent data I have for BYU is 2019-2020 academic year. That year they had $72M in athletics revenue, 26% of which came from ticket sales, meaning $18.7M in ticket sales
      (see https://kslsports.com/437719/byu-revenue-expenses-athletics/)

Meanwhile Utah in that same season had $18.5M in ticket sales. (see https://utahutes.com/documents/2021/1/19//FY20_NCAA_Revenue_and_Expense_Report.pdf?id=23450)

That’s all sports, not just football, but I’d assume football makes up the majority of it. Given that BYU’s ticket sales were calculated as a percentage they could be anywhere from $18.2M (25.5% of $71.5M) to $19.2M (26.5% of $72.5M) and the unknown variable of non-football sales, I’d say that neither school has a major advantage over the other when it comes to ticket sales.

Gary Sapp
        Ute Fan
        @uofuman

The real advantage is in the product being viewed. Ute sports are right down the line a helluva lot more enjoyable to watch.

Viewing 2 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Ticket revenue?