Tom Hackett is quickly becoming just another unreliable media member

Viewing 6 reply threads

Larry B
      Ute Fan
      @larryb

He and Gunther seem to jump at the opportunity to be negative about the Utah program, tweeting things like “It’s not looking good for the senior LB  (Kavika)”. Now it’s sounding like maybe that injury isn’t too bad. They made a similar comment about Hansen having surgery, implying that he would miss a lot of time.

If they were just fans saying these things, I would chalk it up to them not knowing what they’re talking about, but they (especially Tom) claim to be very close to the program.

It’s like they want to be first to announce season ending injuries without really knowing the facts and it’s starting to make them look silly.

EagleMountainUte
      Ute Fan
      @battlegroundute

If I was drunk really early in the afternoon I might enjoy their show. 

Larry B
        Ute Fan
        @larryb

It still beats listening to Reilly, but the gap is closing.

crazyute
          Ute Fan
          @crazyute

I actually enjoy listening to Reilly. I feel it is some sort of fad to say he is terrible. But he is very professional in his job.

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

Loved Hackett as a player but I’ve never been able to choke down his radio skills.

//r00t4Utes
      Ute Fan
      @r00t4utes

Or maybe he’s cushioning the blow/news. By saying it looks bad and if it ends up being less serious then the news is easier to stomach, like if he says it could be season ending or at least 4-5 weeks and then it’s less fans are like oh okay that’s good news.

FormerUteSax
      Ute Fan
      @formerutesax

OC and Swinney was the best sports talk o radio and the threw that away. I can listen to Gunther and Hackett. When they first started it was ok, but the long they are on the stupider it gets

1 3

PorterRockwell
      Ute Fan
      @porterrockwell

I don’t listen to any sports talk radio in this market nothing But hacks the only AM on my preset is 700 for pre and post game shows

You’d be better off shooting yourself in the foot. Same amount of pain. BUt at least you’d get some good pain meds and maybe an attractive nurse to care for you

EagleMountainUte
        Ute Fan
        @battlegroundute

When I have time I will listen. But I mostly enjoy Dan Patrick. 

cicampbe
      Ute Fan
      @cicampbe

Unreliable. Haha. I hope you see the irony in your statement.

Viewing 6 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Tom Hackett is quickly becoming just another unreliable media member