Split the Oregon road trip
      Win at least one game in the conference tourney

Or:

Sweep the LA road trip
      Lose @ Colorado
      Sweep Bay Area schools at home
      Split the Oregon road trip
      Win at least one game in the conference tourney

Under these scenarios, I believe we’d be one of the last teams in. If we manage to out-perform either of these scenarios, I think we’re pretty safely in. We’ll see what happens. But if we don’t make it this year, I don’t know when we will. Unlike football, the move to the big 12 is going to be absolutely brutal for basketball. I don’t see many conference wins on the schedule in the big 12

The Miami Ute
      Ute Fan
      @themiamiute

Just as I thought, the loss to ASU has been annotated as a Quad 3 home loss. Any one of those essentially start making you radioactive to the tournament selection committee. If Smith doesn’t right the ship in the remaining five games, I don’t know where we go from there. There might be 100 people in the stands for home games next season.

Ted Lasso
      Ute Fan
      @tedlasso

Seriously what happened to you guys this year? I went to the BYU game and I was very impressed with your team. I thought for sure they would make the tourney this year. I hope they can get put things together and end the season nicely.

Ted Lasso
        Ute Fan
        @tedlasso

I just realized that Lunardi forecasted Utah to be an 8 seed, for some reason I thought people were saying they’d be left out. I think you guys will get in. I’m excited to see how the do in the tournament.

The Miami Ute
          Ute Fan
          @themiamiute

The problem is that five of the remaining seven games are away from home and Utah hasn’t won a PAC away game this season, even when playing bad competition. And, to top things off, they’ve been supremely uncompetitive while playing away games. Utah has gotten blown out in every PAC away game they’ve played this season except for the one versus Stanford. ASU? Blowout. Washington? Blowout.

If you don’t follow Utah MBB closely, you’re probably not seeing the downward trend that this team in on.

utefansince79
      Ute Fan
      @utefansince79

As I feared and expected, after Saturday’s loss, Utah fell all the way to ‘last team in’ in bracketology. Need to find some wins on the road somewhere but I’m somewhat doubtful of our chances at this point.

Viewing 3 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Basketball (Men) Tournament chances