Transfer Jake Bentley

Viewing 3 reply threads

SorryWife
      Ute Fan
      @sorrywife

Just saw something about a Jake Bentley from South Carolina that’s predicted to transfer to Utah. Another QB. Curious if anyone has insight on this or are we going to have great QB battles over the next season or two? 

4 1

Utah
      Ute Fan
      @utah

Our QB’s next year: Rising, Shelley and Lisk. Lisk isn’t a P12 QB. Rising and Shelley are drastically different QB’s. 

If you can add Bentley and a FR QB you now have two starting upperclassmen and a FR who can all run the same system. 

Bentley would be a HUGE get. HUGE. 

EagleMountainUte
        Ute Fan
        @battlegroundute

I feel like Shelley or Lisk is going to transfer. I have zero information to base that feeling off of. Other than “just a feeling”. 

PhiladelphiaUte
          Ute Fan
          @philadelphiaute

Yep.  With all those QBs coming in, I don’t see Shelley sticking around.  He’s too talented to ride the pine, but not likely talented enough to beat out Rising.

Lisk ain’t going anywhere though.

SorryWife
        Ute Fan
        @sorrywife

Didn’t we just get a transfer from Baylor too? Powell? Isn’t he giving it a shot at QB too? Or does he have to sit out a year?

Xanthis
          Ute Fan
          @xanthis

I honestly think Powell is coming in as an athelete. I am guessing he makes a switch to defense.

UteThunder
            Ute Fan
            @utethunder

Isn’t he leaving Baylor because they want him to switch positions and he doesn’t want to?

Then again, I remember Louks left Utah because he wasn’t going to be the starting QB and the coaches asked him to switch positions. He refused and transferred to Nevada . . . where he switched to safety.

Central Coast Ute
          Ute Fan
          @flip2848

He has to sit a year. No matter what position he plays.

AlohaUte
        Ute Fan
        @alohaute

Lisk is a nice to have emergency back up, but I thought he was Sr? 

I also don’t think Shelley has it in him to be a top P5 QB. He’d probably be fine for a below average P5 team, but not at Utah where we are among the top of the Pac-12.  And that is a shame as I really like him and very much appreciate him for how he helped keep the team afloat last season.  

So I think all these transfers are smart.  Basically without them, we have Rising as our best option next year and what if he turns out to not be that great?  Lets get 3 or 4 viable QBs (one of which should be Shelley) and them duke it out to be the starter.  Also, I don’t think that QB transfer from Baylor is likely to stay at QB for too long, but I’m glad we’re giving him a shot.

Central Coast Ute
          Ute Fan
          @flip2848

Lisker is a Jr. I agree that Shelley is a solid P5 back up but not a starter. I wouldn’t be surprised if the coaches brought him in with the idea of moving him to safety or corner but with the lack of depth they had to keep him at QB.

Dante Guardi
      Ute Fan
      @danteg12

im sorry but from what ive seen from Bentley. he is horrible. from what ive seen, id take Shelley over Bentley

MFury
        Ute Fan
        @mfury

I have looked at their stats, but gotta imagine one of them is actually going to become a safety or wr or something

DrJazzy
        Ute Fan
        @docute

Obviously haven’t seen him play – but his Junior yr stats look really good especially comsidwring he is coming from the SEC.

Anonymous
      Ute Fan
      @anonymous

He’ll just be a graduate transfer with one year left. Don’t think there’s that much going on. For next year, unless something strange happens, it’s Rising/Shelley/Lisk/Bentley. Powell won’t be available until 2021, if he plays QB at all, anyway.

Distantute
        Ute Fan
        @distantute

Powell wont be a qb. Shelley isnt a p5 qb. Bentley can play.

Viewing 3 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Transfer Jake Bentley