Transfer Portal Needs

Viewing 4 reply threads
      5 1

Zigziggler
      Ute Fan
      @zigziggler

#1 WR (Need to replace Vele who was our field stretcher. Also lost considerable experienced depth.* Jeymetre Hester is out there go get him!
      #2 S (Need to replace production of Vaki and Bishop)
      *Kamari Ramsey UCLA
      #3 QB * (Fill like an experienced back up is desperately needed)
      Athan Kaliakamanis knows his role and not looking to be starter.

Zigziggler
      Ute Fan
      @zigziggler

#4 LB
      #5 OL

Zigziggler
      Ute Fan
      @zigziggler

Casey Thompson is in portal. He is the former Nebraska quarterback that has been at FAU. He is also the brother of Kendall Thompson former ute Quarterback. He is the type of under the radar quarterback signing that solidifies that group going forward. Not needed to start but provides experience if rising goes down, as well as mentors our young quarterbacks.

The Miami Ute
        Ute Fan
        @themiamiute

We’ll see… I’m thinking that Whitt is going to go with Rose as QB2 next season.

2008 National Champ
        Ute Fan
        @cptmrgn05

Kendall Thompson level QB wouldn’t exactly inspire confidence in the passing game getting back on track.

When Travis Wilson is the “passing” half of a two QB system.,,

The Miami Ute
          Ute Fan
          @themiamiute

Thompson is even older that Cam. He’s got plenty of experience, started for Nebraska in 2022, so I’m not certain that he’s looking to be a backup. Dare I say that he’s also only three months removed from having ACL surgery and missing almost the entire 2023 season?

Zigziggler
            Ute Fan
            @zigziggler

Miami…you are right! He probably isn’t looking at being a backup. He will either get some backup minutes at a bigger school or go to more of an irrelevant school and be given a starting opportunity (New Mexico). I still am a big fan of the Athan Kalamakis guy from Minnesota coming to Utah. Strictly for backup, potentially competition with our young guys.

Zigziggler
        Ute Fan
        @zigziggler

Landen King influence!

NarfUte
      Ute Fan
      @narfute

Ramsey is going to $C

//r00t4Utes
      Ute Fan
      @r00t4utes

I was wondering if Kuthie is coming back if they’d pretty much use and list him as a WR. If I remember correctly, he was listed as WR last season, and that was also a reason why Carson chose to come to Utah.

Kuthie could be that utility role, lined up all over the place, out wide, in motion, in the back field…. just every and anywhere.

Hellhound152
        Ute Fan
        @hellhound152

Yeah, that would be rad if Kuithe came back and played Kuithe… Designating him as a WR on the depth chart will really allow them to do it like never before. Lulz

Viewing 4 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Transfer Portal Needs