Tyler Huntley

Viewing 5 reply threads

Onlyu
      Ute Fan
      @uf8fl

I know we have a recent history of injuries at the QB spot but Tyler Huntley is a hell of a lot more durable than some here think.  He’s been hurt once in his football life…hit from behind, driven into the ground and landed on.  Most get hurt with that tackle.  He played against some massive, physical Florida HS football players and did just fine.  

He is critical to our success this year…he is one of our most dynamic runners with the ball in his hands…we do need him to run and we do need him to get down or out of bounds which he WILL this year.  We will need him to make the right reads which he has in the mid 90th percentile during camp.  We need him to be accurate and trust his line.  The only knock I have with him in camp is he’ll very occasionally throw off his back foot…his arm strength is much improved so it hasn’t hurt him.  Something he can improve upon.  He’s special and is going to have a big year.  

You’re freaking me out talking about an injury!!  It’s not gonna happen this year!  The football gods owe us!  This is a veteran, confident and talented team.  Enjoy the ride!  Go Utes!! 

noneyadb
      Ute Fan
      @noneyadb

Got wood?

ironman1315
        Ute Fan
        @ironman1315

Yes but I’d prefer if you didn’t knock it.

Utah
      Ute Fan
      @utah

Hell yeah man. 

UteFanatic
      Ute Fan
      @utefanatic

My crimson colored goggles are getting thicker with each passing day.  Man, I really hope this is the special season we have been waiting for.

Chidojuan
      Ute Fan
      @chidojuan

Honestly I don’t see why he isn’t compared more to Khalil Tate. Tate is only 10 pounds heavier and an inch taller. I didn’t see a recent 40 time, but Huntley was at 4.6 out of high school, and Tate was recently measured at 4.5. He could be much better than Tate in my mind because he can actually pass the ball. On top of all of that, he has a complete team around him with established coaches and a year of the offense under his belt. We can do it this season. I believe!

Utah
        Ute Fan
        @utah

Huntley is a much, much better QB than Tate. I think Tate will be a disaster this year. 

A better comparison for Huntley is Lamar Jackson. I don’t think Huntley is as good yet, but they are very similar players.

Chidojuan
          Ute Fan
          @chidojuan

Definitely agree. I only mentioned Tate because he is the flavor of the day with the majority of sports media.

Utah
            Ute Fan
            @utah

So much troof here. Tate was fun to watch last year and the flavor of the day. Go listen to Sumlin talk about Tate. Dude knows he can’t throw or run an offense and has no clue how to use him. 

Anonymous
            Inactive

Tate has a big mouth. I want to see our D shut it for him. 

UtMtBiker
        Ute Fan
        @utmtbiker

Tate is a much better runner. Better vision, more speed and agility.  Huntley is a much better passer.  They really aren’t comparible.  I think when Onlyu you refered to T. Huntley as a “dynamic” runner that’s a total homer thing to say.  Or, maybe I just have a different standard of what I consider a dynamic runner (L. Jackson, Tate, Mariotta, P.White, E. Crouch).  

Huntley can move the chains when when a play breaks down but I don’t see him great consistant rushing option. 

EagleMountainUte
          Ute Fan
          @battlegroundute

Whenever Whitt or TT they do call him Dynamic. Which is just coach speak for we want to make sure you know we will rush him and he may take off. 

bombastic
      Ute Fan
      @bombastic

I love Huntley. My only thing with him is that he doesn’t know how to slide. Literally. Just watch in camp highlights or last year film. It’s always wierd looking slide with his head first.

EagleMountainUte
        Ute Fan
        @battlegroundute

Quiet you….as I sip my kool aid and give my phone screen an icey stare. 

Chidojuan
      Ute Fan
      @chidojuan

It’s a diabetic level of sweet for sure, but remember that 750 of those yards were in 3 games against the worst run defenses in the Pac-12.

ironman1315
      Ute Fan
      @ironman1315

And in his last 3 games, when people could figure him out and had some film on him, he averaged 39.3 yards per game on 42 carries. That’s 2.8 yards per carry. Granted from Colorado through Oregon State he was electric. But why did Oregon, ASU, and Purdue (of all teams) hold him to craptastic yardage? Why did he suck all of a sudden?

ironman1315
      Ute Fan
      @ironman1315

And it’s not like he was being sacked left and right either in those games. The highest sack total was 3 against, I believe, ASU. Purdue had 2. Oregon had 1.

ironman1315
      Ute Fan
      @ironman1315

Difference being is that Huntley’s worst games were either a) the start of the year or b) coming off a shoulder injury. Tate, on the other hand, trended downwards with a steep dropoff about 6 weeks into his starting career. That indicates, to me at least, that you can gameplan him out of a game. Further, his best two games were against Colorado, who has a terrible run defense, and Oregon State, whose run D is also atrocious. Also, he did this against UCLA with, once more, a s**tty run defense. He is one dimensional and not very good.

Viewing 5 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Tyler Huntley