Tyler Huntley vs ASU

Viewing 3 reply threads

UteFanatic
      Ute Fan
      @utefanatic

Tyler Huntley has had a rough time versus ASU.

2017 – 19/35, 155 yds, 0 TD 4 INT, 11.6 QBR

2018 – 7/15, 88 yds, 1 TD 2 INT, 46.3 QBR (injured in the 3rd quarter)

For some reason, Tyler has played extraordinarily bad against ASU.  Add in the frustration he must feel from sustaining his season-ending injury last year against them, I hope he is mentally ready for this game.  We need him to be the Tyler we have seen for the first 6 games this year.

Duhwayne
      Ute Fan
      @duhwayne

As Jaylen Daniels is, Tyler once was, as Tyler Huntley is, Daniels may become. 

Tony (admin)
        Admin/Founder
        @admin

Daniels is very small and skinny looking.

UtahPilot47
          Ute Fan
          @utahpilot

Every week I expect to hear he has been hurt.  Looks way to small and skinny for the way he plays.

EagleMountainUte
            Ute Fan
            @battlegroundute

Daniels scored 24 points against Cal. Utah’s defense is very similar to Cals. Except I would argue our dline is better. 

Cal lost their QB in that game as well. Injuries are part of the game but Cal probably wins @Oregon and against ASU if he was healthy. 

EutawStreet
              Ute Fan
              @eutawstreet

Daniels was 14-24 174 plus 84 rushing yards, no TDs in that game
              Benjamin had 100 yards and 3 touchdowns.
              Aiyuk had 2 catches for 30 yards.

Garbers was 9-12 for 117 and 1 td before he was hurt, Modster was 5/14 for 23 yards. Cal’s offense could not control the ball and keep ASU’s offense off the field after Garbers went out.

Stop Benjamin, limit Aiyuk, don’t let Daniels scramble and on offense make 1st downs and run the clock.

Hellhound152
      Ute Fan
      @hellhound152

2017 – Rushed back into action before he was ready post injury in an effort to salvage the season.

2018 – 60 yard TD turns into a pick off Dixons facemask,  Then the int in the endzone when Nacua was shoved to the ground by the db on a fade.

Moving along, nothing to see here.

ProudUte
      Ute Fan
      @proudute

I think that 2 years ago, Huntley was playing his first game after an injury.

Last year, prior to the injury – Huntley had a number of key dropped passes.  The entire team played poorly last year; I am not sure why.

This is a totally different Tyler Huntley and a different team.  ASU is young and inexperienced.  We have a great senior QB with talent and poise.  It will be a different outcome this week.

ASU’s defense will try to mix us up with tons off blitzes and weird looks.  We will have to adjust and take advantage of their risk-taking defense.

Viewing 3 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Tyler Huntley vs ASU