UCLA fires head basketball coach

Viewing 2 reply threads

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

UCLA has relieved Steve Alford of his duties as head coach, effective immediately. Murry Bartow will serve as the Bruins’ interim head coach for the remainder of this season.

1 1

palos_verdes_ute
      Ute Fan
      @palos-verdes-ute

What’s the consensus on when Larry will part with the program?  After this season?  or after next season if we don’t make the dance again?  or….buy out too big and we stay with Larry for 3 more seasons?

EagleMountainUte
        Ute Fan
        @battlegroundute

Have to pay for SEZ among other things.  Larry will be here at least 2 seasons unless he does the right thing. 

UteThunder
      Ute Fan
      @utethunder

Fingers crossed Larry moves on.

I would actually be okay with him staying if he was able to keep the same roster from one year to the next (minus graduating seniors of course), but it is inevitable we will yet again lose 3+ players to transfer this year and Larry will once again have a young & inexperienced team next year.

Tony (admin)
        Admin/Founder
        @admin

Why would he move on? He’s making s**tpiles of cash.

UteThunder
          Ute Fan
          @utethunder

I know it defies logic, but look at Gary leaving OSU. How many millions did he leave behind because he knew he wasn’t getting the job done? 

At some point, Larry has to realize his method of rebuilding every year isn’t working and maybe he isn’t the man for the job . . . doesn’t he?

Tony (admin)
            Admin/Founder
            @admin

Coach K is not Gary. Not remotely.

UteThunder
              Ute Fan
              @utethunder

I know, Gary has been a successful head coach.

Viewing 2 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Basketball (Men) UCLA fires head basketball coach