UF

Viewing 8 reply threads

D T
      Ute Fan
      @azute1

How do you really see this game playing out at this point?

fosternano
      Ute Fan
      @fosternano

Barnes starts, Utah throws around 20 times, with 40 runs or so. It’s around even at half and Utah breaks a few big runs in the 2nd half to win by 10.

With how talented JJ is and the packages they can use around him, I think this is Utah’s game to lose, even with Barnes starting.

D T
        Ute Fan
        @azute1

I suspect they start to get gassed early 2nd half & we pull away at that point….I also believe they’ll have problems with our D all game long….Barnes won’t hurt us & will be mostly a non-factor.

EagleMountainUte
      Ute Fan
      @battlegroundute

15 sacks.

7 1

kmc165
      Ute Fan
      @kmc165

We win but struggle with and underestimate their athleticism and talent

22Ute22
        Ute Fan
        @utedagoat

I don’t think the coaches or players are underestimating their athleticism. They played them last year. The only people underestimating their athleticism and talent are Ute fans who are completely ignorant of college football. However, Florida fans are also underestimating Utah because they think the only teams with good players are in the SEC, B1G, and Clemson. Lots of their fans genuinely believe they’re gonna roll in and bully us on the line of scrimmage all night long, and that their true freshman WR’s are gonna just run past our DB’s like every other play.

Anfernee
      Ute Fan
      @anfernee

Not idly do the leaves of Lorien fall and not idly does Whitt glow about his defense unless it’s true. So that gives me hope for everything game, especially one against Mertz.
      “The defense overall. At every level we are talented and we are deep. The front is physical & athletic, the linebackers are active & tough, & the secondary has a bunch of ballhawks back there with some really good tacklers at safety.”

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

Expect offensive struggle for both teams. Defensive game. Low scoring. Bet the under LOL.

Tednab
        Ute Fan
        @tednab

We win cause we’re at home, we’re a more complete team and still have a bitter taste in our mouths from last year … and so does Rising

RedRocks
      Ute Fan
      @hypodactylus

I assume the offense will start out like it usually does; too many three-and-outs, a bit of sloppiness, and some obvious mistakes. I am hoping the run game is solid and will carry us through.

I guess I am drinking the Kool-Aid on the defense and think they will play pretty well. I assume we will give up some big pass plays, since that seems to be a thing for us against athletic teams.

I think the game will be kind of ugly for both teams, but hopefully Utah can grind out a win.

Ma’ake Kava
      Ute Fan
      @ma-ake

Defensively, last year we didn’t have a ton of film or info on Richardson, the stats explain what happened, and Richardson starts for the Colts, now. Still, a good adjustment by Scalley to have us in it.

This year, new QB who will be less of a run threat, two really good RBs and a new right side of their OL. Ricky Pearsall is a long time thorn, but without that pressure of a freak athlete at QB we should be able to keep things in front and keep them below 24, hopefully below 20.

They have a new DC that runs the same 3-3-5 scheme they already have, lots of athletes. Lud says he’s been prepping for this game since spring, so I think we’ll see all the weapons used. Does Micah Pittman make his name know at Utah in Game 1? That would be nice.

D T
        Ute Fan
        @azute1

Been watching Southern Miss film on their new DC.

The Miami Ute
        Ute Fan
        @themiamiute

Richardson literally won that game for the Gators. If you do a deep-dive of that game, you can see that his athleticism carried the day. He was able to avoid at least 5-6 sacks and turn them into positive gains because of his escapability. Mertz is nowhere near the same player. If our defense plays the same way as last year, then those near sacks will become actual sacks and place Florida in a bind. In addition, even though we should have won the game given that we were on their 3-yard line with 20 seconds left, our offense really did not play that well and made many mistakes. This is stat that killed us last year: Utah – six trips inside the Red Zone for 13 points/Florida – three trips inside the Red Zone for 22 points. If the Utes would have just kicked a FG every time they made it inside the Red Zone, they would have won going away.

2 1

chinngiskhaan
      Ute Fan
      @chinngiskhaan

It’s the first game of the season, we will likely have our third string QB playing. If they score 30 we lose the game.

Lucky for us it’s the first game of the year, so it should be sloppy and low scoring. If we win it’s because it’s a home game.

Viewing 8 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.