Updated Weather Wazzu vs Utes

Viewing 2 reply threads

PlainsUte
      Ute Fan
      @plainsute

Latest guidance continue same wet, windy theme, but at a lower temperature.  With rain starting before noon, high to be in the low-60s, kickoff around 54 dropping to 50 by the end of the game.  Still looks like rain likely; wind will be  northwest 15-20 mph by late afternoon and tapering to 10-15 mph in the evening.

Thunderstorms, therefore lightning, have about a 50% chance of occurring in the afternoon, dropping to around 10% in the evening, so hopefully no lightning delays to an already late game.

utefansince79
      Ute Fan
      @utefansince79

In almost 50 years of attending football (at various levels going back to elementary school when we’d attend the high school games) I’ve never had a lightning delay in a game I attended.  Had 2 delays at RSL games including one back when they played in Rice-Eccles.

If we do get a significant delay Saturday, game could possily end far past midnight.  Wonder if TRAX (who I understand has to let freight trains use tracks in the wee hours of the morning) can commit to getting us all out of there if the game goes until about 1 or 2AM.

Utesbyfive
        Ute Fan
        @utesbyfive

Can’t be Trax. Are you thinking of Front Runner?

Calgradutedad
      Ute Fan
      @calgradutedad

Does TRAX usually run for a couple of hours after the game? I’m not having luck finding info on this online. The online schedule indicates that 11 PM is the last train going up toward the medical center where our hotel is.

bopahull
        Ute Fan
        @bopahull

I’ve been to a couple of games that lasted till midnight, trax has continued to operate  as long as needed.

utefansince79
          Ute Fan
          @utefansince79

Can’t remember when it was, but a year or two ago, a concert in the Jazz arena was delayed (few concerts ever start on time), ended well past midnight, and those who stayed until the end had to find other ways home as TRAX had to relinquish the lines to freight trains.  Might be they don’t do that on Saturdays.

TRAX does reportedly have a commitment to the University to get everyone back home (or to their stops) at the end of games.

Utesbyfive
            Ute Fan
            @utesbyfive

Not Trax. Freight trains can not use the closed Trax rail system. Does everyone mean Front-Runner? Or is there some misconception around this?

utefansince79
              Ute Fan
              @utefansince79

There are a small number of businesses along the lines used by TRAX that are still serviced by freight trains but the deliveries and use occur in the wee hours of the morning when TRAX is not operating.  

Viewing 2 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Updated Weather Wazzu vs Utes