USC possibility of attending questions.

Viewing 6 reply threads

NavyUte
      Ute Fan
      @navyute

Aloha Fellow Utes!

I haven’t attended a game in a while, but will be in San Diego for work leading up to the game.  Hard to ever watch a game in person living in Hawaii… my questions for those that have visited:

Is visiting USC a good experience?  

Uber vs parking?

Kid friendly?

Really, just curious how many who have gone would go again?

I have no love for LA sports fans… and a pandemic year makes this all even more crazy.

Central Coast Ute
      Ute Fan
      @flip2848

I’ve been the last few times that the Utes have visited the Coliseum. USC fans are fine, some are friendly, some won’t say much at all. Definitely go with Uber/Lyft. Parking there can be ridiculous. The Coliseum is a very cool stadium with lots of history. No bench seating is awesome and the Olympic torch lighting in the 4th quarter is fun to see if it’s a night game. Hope this helps and have fun.

ArcheryUte
      Ute Fan
      @craig

USC is a good experience. I would agree with taking an uber. Make sure to grab a hotdog from one of the ladies with the carts outside the stadium after the game.

UteFanatic
      Ute Fan
      @utefanatic

I went in 2013. The game sucked but it was a great overall experience.

We just found a pay parking lot, and then took a 15 min walk to the stadium. Plan carefully, though, some of the surrounding areas aren’t, shall we say, safe? I mean, there’s a reason there’s bars on the people’s windows.

I would say it’s kid friendly, yes.

I would go again, yes.

Central Coast Ute
        Ute Fan
        @flip2848

USC is in South Central LA so yes, the area surrounding it can be bad. There is a huge police presence for the games so as long as you stay close to the stadium, you’ll be fine.

A few years back, my brother flew in from SLC and we went to a Rams game. I was driving around looking for cheap parking as most places wanted $100. I saw some for $50 but then noticed a young lady holding a sign advertising $25 parking. We pulled in and she directed me to the back. There were probably 8 other vehicles back there with some people that had just parked there as we had. I looked around and realized this was the backyard to a small apartment complex. A big gentleman came out wearing a white T-shirt, black pants and a blue hat and collected the money from us. I just said to my brother, well I hope I still have a car after them game. We walked to the stadium which only took us about 15 minutes. And yes, after the game, my car was still there untouched. Smart way for them to make some extra cash.

D T
      Ute Fan
      @azute1

I’ve been to a U-USC game @ The Coliseum & it was a memorable experience, except of course for posting an L….Beautiful campus….Parking was simple for us….It was a day game that year.

Everybody should experience it at least once.

NavyUte
        Ute Fan
        @navyute

Thanks for the comments!   I think I may join you, next question is where do you sit?  Nice seats, or preferably with fellow Utes?

Central Coast Ute
          Ute Fan
          @flip2848

USC fans won’t talk crap to you if you don’t to them. Sit where you want and you’ll be fine.

dystopiamembrane
      Ute Fan
      @dystopiamembrane

Los Angeles is the second worst place in the country. Avoid.

Utedude1
      Ute Fan
      @utedude1

Awesome, wife said this was the best away game attended. USC ticket holders we sat next to were fun to be around! Uber for sure.

Viewing 6 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football USC possibility of attending questions.