USC UCLA has huge implications for us (hopefully not). Who you got?

Viewing 9 reply threads

SalUteopia
      Ute Fan
      @saluteopia

Oddly enough, UCLA winning is better for us despite the H2H disadvantage should we lose tomorrow. So I’ll be rooting for UCLA, but I think USC wins this one. Hoping we take care of business, and this game becomes a non-factor, but it’d be nice to have some cushion. Which LA team you got?

RedUte14
      Ute Fan
      @redute14

I think USC wins 49-35.
      But I want UCLA to win. Lesser of two evils, and helps us more.

D T
      Ute Fan
      @azute1

Hopefully, UCLA wins & ultimately knocks both LA schools out of the race following tie-breakers [this presumes we defeat UO].

But I believe USC wins in high-scoring affair, but just barely.

Trailgoat
      Ute Fan
      @utahgoat

USC wins. USC has and will not leave the SoCal to play a football game in the month of November. USC’s last away game was 10/29 against UofA. No true home field advantage for UCLA. Probably a shoot out, DTR < CW.

dystopiamembrane
      Ute Fan
      @dystopiamembrane

Massey’s algorithm produces a probable 35-34 win for USC.

The Miami Ute
      Ute Fan
      @themiamiute

I see this game as a high-scoring affair with USC ultimately winning 42-30. In no way, shape, or form do I see UCLA being able to stop USC, who will essentially score at will and will only be stopped by turnovers or penalties. I do want UCLA to win to at least give us a chance for the CCG in case we lose to the Ducks.

pedro
      Ute Fan
      @pedro

I have UCLA in a high scoring affair.  

D T
      Ute Fan
      @azute1

If there ends up being a 4-way tie for that second spot in Vegas behind us, assuming we win out, who gets it between UW/UO/USC/UCLA?

Honestly, I haven’t dived into the tie-breakers to know the answer, but this scenario isn’t far-fetched.

SalUteopia
        Ute Fan
        @saluteopia

I want to say UO, but don’t know for sure.

krindor
          Ute Fan
          @krindor

It is Oregon.

Bottom line, if USC wins tonight, they’re in
          If Oregon wins tonight, they’re almost certainly in (unless USC beats UCLA, Cal beats UCLA, Washington beats Washington St AND Oregon loses to Oregon St – in which case it’s Washington, not us)

So if Oregon and USC win, we’re out.  Hopefully it doesn’t matter, but we’re definitely rooting for UCLA

D T
            Ute Fan
            @azute1

Thanks for confirming my hunch it was UO.

We could potentially have a repeat of last year…..But UO has a tough final 2 games to get there.

Go Utes & Go Bruins!

ProudUte
      Ute Fan
      @proudute

USC lost their start tailback and receiver.  I want UCLA to win and I think they will.  UCLA has the best RB in the conference IMO.

RedRocks
        Ute Fan
        @hypodactylus

Charbonnet is very impressive. Not sure I want to face him again.

tanute3
      Ute Fan
      @tanute3

I want UCLA, as it helps Utah and I would enjoy seeing Caleb Williams cry again. But I think USC wins pretty handedly

Viewing 9 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football USC UCLA has huge implications for us (hopefully not). Who you got?