Utah Alumni night at the Rockies last night brought back some great memories.

Viewing 2 reply threads

UTE98
      Ute Fan
      @ute98

Putting this in the Basketball category because Josh Grant was there, though it might also fit in a miscellaneous category. I approached him and told him his performance against UNLV in the early 90s was one of the main reasons I fell in love with Utah and eventually went there. He was very gracious, told me thanks and continued genuinely talking to all in attendance. I still remember how Josh Grant almost single handedly beat the Rebels that year. If you’ve never watched that game find it and watch it.

Trace Caton was also in attendance. He looks way younger than me, so I didn’t approach him. Even though we graduated the same year. Seems he’s a doctor in Pueblo, CO. That’s kind of an odd location, don’t know why he’d pick there.

It was a pretty fun event, I’ve received the invitation for the past four or five years but never went. I’ve decided to collect the hats for the next 10 years.

This year’s hat was grey with the interlocking U (purple) on the front and the CR logo on the back, along with Go Utes on the side.

A few past hats have had the Colorado Rockies mountain logo, in red.

Sorry I should have taken a picture of the section.

gUrthBrooks
      Ute Fan
      @hammer

The transition from Josh Grant to Van Horn, Miller, Doleac was a legendary era in Utah basketball. Didn’t Grants team go 30-4 one year?

oc_ute
        Ute Fan
        @ocute

i go all the way back to jim mahler/mike newlin, a long break, then buster matheney, then vranes / chambers.  i probably missed several others.

Johnny80
      Ute Fan
      @johnny80

Josh Grant was my childhood hero. So of my favorite memories are going to JMHC with my dad and watching him, Jimmy Soto, Walter Watts, and Paul Afiaki. Remember him dunking over Bradley? Magic. Love those days of Ute BB.

Viewing 2 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Basketball (Men) Utah Alumni night at the Rockies last night brought back some great memories.