Utah eked out our 2nd “12-11” win over Bellarmine in 12 days…

Viewing 2 reply threads

PhiladelphiaUte
      Ute Fan
      @philadelphiaute

…in the ASUN Lacrosse conference semifinals.

Utah gave up 5 goals in the 3rd-Qtr, allowing the Knights to start the 4th-Qtr with a 9-8 lead.  After trading scores in the 4th, Bellarmine scored again, to take an 11-10 lead with only 48-sec remaining in the game.  

And then Bradbury saved the day….finding the back of the net as time expired.

The Cardiac-Utes eventually took the 12-11 win, with 30-sec remaining in the sudden-death OT period.

Up next:  ASUN finals, on Saturday at noon (MST), vs the winner of the Robert Morris-Air Force game later today.

There will be no “at-large” selections in the national tournament from the ASUN, so it’ll be do-or-die for Utah come Saturday.  And we’re gonna need to do a LOT better then that narrow escape from that 4-13 (.235) team earlier this afternoon, because both RMU and AFA are much better teams than Bellarmine.

PhiladelphiaUte
      Ute Fan
      @philadelphiaute

I wonder if Bellarmine might be the “zoobs” of the ASUN.  They’re refusing to accept the loss.

They’re calling it an 11-11 tie, and recording their final record as 4-12-1

NarfUte
        Ute Fan
        @narfute

Probably hard coded to load the results – they’ve fixed it now 

PhiladelphiaUte
          Ute Fan
          @philadelphiaute

Yep. It’s weird because Utah uses the same platform, and they had it recorded as a 12-11 OT win within minutes of the end of the game, and since Bellarmine was recording it as a tie, it means they had to have updated their website. Oh well. They fought hard, and seeing as how it’s been fixed now, I’ll cut ’em a break by not calling them the zoobs of the ASUN just yet.

NarfUte
            Ute Fan
            @narfute

They were 4-12, more like the U$C of the ASUN

Ba dum tsss

I’ll see myself out.

PhiladelphiaUte
      Ute Fan
      @philadelphiaute

RMU topped AFA 9-7 in the other ASUN semifinal, so, as expected, the top 2 seeds will play for the ASUN title Saturday at noon.

GO UTES!!!

Viewing 2 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Other Ute Sports Utah eked out our 2nd “12-11” win over Bellarmine in 12 days…